1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Child evangelism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 6, 2015.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its mostly found in Arminian churches.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

"It's"

Your ASSUMPTION is just that...an assumption. Glad to be in one of those "arminian" churches.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Refer to my thread Soul winning or evangelism for I make it clear by the scripture that only God can grant faith and repentance and that these so called "soul winners" are cheating the Holy Spirit out of his work by claiming to be able to bring souls to faith.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Pulling a child up to the front and doing, in public, the Romans road and saying that they are saved is wrong. However each of my children came to the Lord of their own volition (we didn't push them) at a young age. They totally knew about being under the burden of sin because that is what led them to the Lord in the first place. To say that children can't come to Christ is wrong.

But I also agree with you about the numbers thing. In the last 4 years, we've had people come to Christ but it's not a huge number. But those lives that were changed were changed drastically. I looked back in my e-mail and saw one from a friend who e-mailed me when we first started our church campus and she asked us to pray for her sister who lived out there. She was unsaved and an alcoholic. So we committed to pray for her and now, 4 years later, she is saved, in recovery and assisting in leading worship!! She is in her later 50s but like a child when it comes to speaking about Jesus - so full of awe, exuberance and joy. I'm convicted when I see her because I need to make sure that I approach my relationship with Christ in the same way!! So we don't have big numbers but this one woman is just an example of the lives we've seen changed in a big way. :) THAT is what I want to see. We don't raise hands. We don't have "come down to the altar". We just have one on one conversations and being the ones who bring the gospel and leave it to Jesus. He's done some great work when we do that!

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to Acts the Gospel was preached to Jews, Samaritans, and Gentiles in that order. So many churches have it backwards and put Gentiles in front of Jews and Samaritans. :tonofbricks:

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see, you just might be right according to Proverbs 11:30