1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Child Rape Ruling Stirs Outrage

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jun 26, 2008.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sure child rape does result in the death of a child anyway, probably more often than we know. How many adults have committed suicide because they couldn't continue to live with the pain of their past? How many women have over eaten themselves into obesity (and resulting medical problems and death) because they were trying to kill the pain? I wonder how many have suffered or died from STD's given to them by an abuser?

Isn't treason punishable by death? If so, wow, what a message we're sending here. Go ahead and abuse our kids, but don't betray the country.

By the way, why would a child need to testify if there is DNA evidence? These perverts should be executed, in public, as a deterrent to others, and to protect against future offenses. Anyone who believes differently should personally pay to feed and house the offenders, and the expensive councelling required for the children, instead of expecting the taxpayers to foot the cost of keeping these monsters alive.

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I'm not convinced. Why don't we try it for say, 20 years? :thumbs:

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Um..."life" doesn't mean life. A church member's mother here was killed a few years back from someone who had been sentenced to "life."

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

That may be right...but I'm not worried as much regarding the deterrent factor as I am the punishment factor. Is CP an effective deterrent? Not sure...but it's doggone effective as punishment.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dern tootin!!

The repeat rate (murder, rape, torture, etc) of those receiving the death penalty is not only low; it's as low as it can possibly be --- 0.00%.

Can't beat those odds for DETERRENCE!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize this. I think CP should be used in cases of murder with rock-solid evidence.

My point is this: if rape can be punished with death, then there is absolutely no incentive to spare the life of the victim. You can't get "more" than the death penalty. Now, if we didn't have the bill of rights in place, you might be able to change the severity...like rape gets death by hanging and murder plus rape gets death by torture. As it is, though, if we applied CP here, rape would equal lethal injection, and rape plus murder would equal lethal injection.

As horrible as rape is, I don't want to create a perverse incentive to murder.

I do think that child rapists should be castrated and sentenced to life without parole.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This craziness that the death penalty is an incentive to murder is fallacious.

9. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is no such thing. Where is the logical fallacy here? You love to throw that term around, so please define it here.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, as I said no one has been executed in this country for about half a century for a non-murder crime and only a half dozen states even had a death penalty for rape. So if you want the death penalty for rape you weren't likely to get your wish even before the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling. Now you wish is nothing more and never will be anything more than a wish.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The fallacy is obvious and you know it. And I have already explained it.

12. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your statement is utterly without justification, despite your insistence to the contrary.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    uh huh:rolleyes:

14. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I applaud the decision, but realize that it really doesn't effect all that many cases, with only six states even having this as a possibility. I do not support capital punishment so I am glad that even this very small possibility is now off the table.

Did anyone notice how long this case took...the child victim is now in college!

15. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see your point, but I'm not sure how valid it would be because most kids are too scared to tell anyway, and many who do tell are not believed.

Also if the offender committed murder, he'd have to find another child and that might or might not be easy. I would think more children would equal more chances of getting caught. Most victims are friends or family members who trust the offender and would rather stay quiet than tattle.

16. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was this cult once, they changed names many times. First they called themselves the Catacomb children, then the Children of God, then the Family, then the Music with Meaning People, then back to the Family.
    Their founder was a David Berg, a professed Baptist preacher, called himself Moses David.
    He and his wife sexually molested their two children, one a boy, another a girl, and most of his followers, their children. Years later, the boy, grown up, and married, and out of the cult, hunted down his mother. To kill her. He couldn't find her, so he killed the cult secretary, then shot himself in the Arizona desert.
    I've seen child rape destroy the moral fiber and the psyche of a victim, as a cop in the early 70's. That's also when I saw first hand how drug use destroyed the lives of a brother and sister, both professionals and from a respectable family, living together as husband and wife, their arms and legs pockmarked with needle holes, skins and bones and a far cry from their pictures before drugs got them.

If I had my way, there are two types of people I would gladly personally pull the switch for face to face: child rapists, and illegal drug merchants from the source, to the distributors.

sorry to say these, but that's just how it is for me.

as for the death penalty being an excuse for murder ? could happen, but more than likely it would not because killing a victim is made less viable by DNA testing, and keeping the victim alive may work to the rapist's advantage for the commutation of his sentence to life, and who knows, possible parole.

if the rapist will not be put to death, then chemical or physical castration and life without parole would be the next best option.

#36 pinoybaptist, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  17. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Luke 17:2
    It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

It would seem that even Jesus Christ saw the importance of protecting our little ones. His suggestion of a millstone around the neck sees a good alternative. Let's call it 'Swimming Lessons' and have each child rapist get one lesson. Just a thought!