1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children Witnessing

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by JanetMiller, Jun 6, 2006.

1. JanetMiller

JanetMiller New Member

My 7 year old, Samantha, tells everyone she meets about being forgiven and being saved. I was wondering if anyone knew of any tracts or help I might give her to make it easier on her. She is so sweet! She told me the other day that since she couldn't go over seas until she was grown that she would just have to be a missionary to those around her. If only we all could be like children. :saint: I would really appreciate any help.

2. gekko

gekko New Member

thats awesome. you should check out www.livingwaters.com - they have got some kids tracts and some other interesting tracts as well.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for Samantha!

Very sweet story, Janet. Tell Samantha here is one missionary who is rooting for her!! :applause: :applause: :thumbs: :thumbs:

If she ever meets any Japanese kids living in your area, PM me and I'll send some copies of a Japanese tract I wrote for children.

4. mima

mima New Member

Out of the mouth of babes:

My grandson accepted the Lord Jesus Christ by prayer when he was five years old. Many little incident in his life indicate to me that there is more to child witnessing and believing than we understand. Last night at a baseball game I was talking to a 35 your woman. Told me her little daughter, who is four years old, talks about Jesus all the time. I thought this story would be interesting for this thread.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I was thinking about this more. In my circles one thing I've noticed is that the kids are encouraged to be a part of the church's soul winning efforts. This doesn't happen everywhere.

Id rather have to make sure my kids are telling salvation correctly while they are so enthusiastic about going, rather than having to try to get them excited about it when they are older.

6. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

Try Kids4Truth.com
    They have tracks and books and things. I would love it if our church would use their program since their focus is on training children to witness. Unfortunatly my church is VERY small.

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Cailiosa,

have you tried starting a Ladies Soulwinning time?
    We have one, and during that time is when we start teaching the kids how to go soul winning. They have a Busy Buzzy Bees program for kids, in which they teach them how to witness while the ladies are out doing the witnessing.
    Even small, tiny churches could do this.

8. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

I have thought about something similar, but all but two of the children in my church are little little, babies and toddlers. Our church goes out street preaching and door knocking every Saturday during the summer (winter is too cold up here) and I have been also thinking about offering to watch the kids during that time to help the parents out. But we are growing rapidly, already our auditorium seems small when just a few months ago it seemed huge. The Lord will provide a program that he wans us to use when the time is right, for right now an actual program is too much for our small church. Thank you for your idea though, it's definatly something to think about.

~Laura

9. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I understand Cailiosa,

and when I say Busy Buzzy Bees "program" it really is just a time when the kids have a little lesson (whether Bible story, missionary story, or a lesson on how to talk to people) and then game time and a snack.

I hope that someday soon the right thing will come along for your church. :)

Usually all it takes is one person willing to start with one student.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Children witnessing may be cute, but I don't think they have the credibility and life experience to relate to an adult. Now if they are just talking about Jesus to their friends, hey, fine. For adults, it takes someone who can relate to them and where they are in life.

11. bapmom

bapmom New Member

yes MP,

but Im talking about training them while they are children. We let our kids pass out tracts (even little kids), but they don't start talking to people usually until they are teens, and then still under the supervision of an experienced adult.

12. Mapipe

Mapipe Member
    Site Supporter

Magnetic Poles

To Magnetic Pole, I would have to disagree with you. Our grandson, who is nine, has to have nurses all the time, at school and at home except in the evenings when mom or dad are home. Right now he has 5 different nurses and he has witnessed to all of them and all but one have accepted the Lord. He lives a life that is rough, he doesn't breathe when he goes to sleep, so he has a trach and a vent.

When he gets down about his syndrome, his mother reminds him of the ladies that have come to know the Lord through his witness and he totally is okay with his condition if God can use it. We are praying for the one nurse "hold-out".

He can relate to adults because he has probably faced more in his young life than many adults. Never underestimate what God can use!

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord! What a very special and spiritual boy. We must stand in awe of God's purposes in giving such a burden to such a little boy. Though we may hurt so deeply for this little boy's burden, God certainly knows best, and will cause everything to work together for good to people like your grandson who love God and do His will.

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My daughter starting talking to people about Christ when she was about four. She couldn't understand why she got some responses she got.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Of course, God can use a child. However, in general, if an adult sees that, the response is "oh how cute", or maybe an emotional reaction. In most instances, I don't think a child can relate to an adult on the level needed to bring true repentance.

16. Cailiosa

Cailiosa New Member

God can use a child to witness to someone just as well as He can use an adult. In fact the Bible says that a child will lead them. Sometimes the only thing that can reach through the tough exterior that an adult puts up is a child, because no one is on their guard when a child is with them. And sure, most adults probably will just have an "awww how cute, now go away" reaction, but there will be someone out there that only a child can reach. And that one person is the reason why we need to teach our children to witness.

17. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the gift of my sweet, innocent, 2 year old daughter melting my scared up hardened heart, and feeling so overwhelmed with the responsibility of her loving me and returning that love, I turned to God for the understanding of how to live my life and to know Him for instruction. In my case I would say God cracked me wide open with a little child’s love and used it to change my life.

She didn’t have to say that much; just running up with a smile on her face saying, “Daddy” was sufficient language skills.

18. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you see, Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:3).

You talk as if it is the child who brings the adult to repentance, but it is not. It is the Holy Spirit, and He can work just as easily through the witness of a child. If a child can understand salvation--and they can--and an adult must become as a child to humbly and simply accept Christ as Savior, then a child can explain salvation sufficiently, even to an adult.

I was saved when I was four. Granted, I did not win any adults to Christ. However, when I was six I led my kindergarten friend Paul to Christ right outside Holmes Elementary School in Wheaton, IL. To show that Paul's salvation was genuine, he went home and told his parents about it. The next day Paul and his mother came over to our house. Paul and I were outside playing when I was called in by my mother. Of course I immediately thought I was in trouble and strated searching my conscience! :smilewinkgrin: However, it was just Paul's mother wanting to thank me for leading her little boy to Christ!

Now, how did I explain sufficiently to Paul about salvation? I simply told him how I got saved--my sin, my conviction of it, what John 3:16 meant to me at age 4. Paul heard that and got saved, just like an adult could have.

19. JanetMiller

JanetMiller New Member

In my church we use the ABC's to teach our children about being saved. We just finished vacation bible school this week and had 8 salvations.

My daughter uses this method when talking to others.

A= Admit that you are a sinner

B= Believe that Jesus died for you

C= Confess that he is your Savior

It is so simple and works. This is all that is needed for any child to understand and share the truth with others.

Next summer, my family is taking a week long mission trip to Kenya. We are so excited and my children are already talking about helping the children over there learn about Jesus.

P.S. I would welcome any ideas about fundraising for this trip! LOL :praise:

20. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Visiting the mission field as a family? Wonderful! Stop by Japan on the way over! :D What? Japan is out of the way on a trip to Africa, you say? Oh, well.

As for fund raising, I have never taken a short term trip. However, what I've known young single folk to do is write a letter telling about the trip and the need, and send it to all of their friends and loved ones. Be sure you say thank you, though. We sent a check to a neice for such a trip and never heard a word back.

Hmm. Sell cookies? Lemonade? Have a jar in which you put all your change at the end of the day? (This might build up faster than you think!) Go to your pastor and ask if an offering box could be set in the vestibule? :thumbs: