1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children's Home

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 27, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

How many of you have a children's home or foster care families or group homes within a 15 mile radius of your church?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

not to my knowledge, theres an sbc orphange in glendale, about 35 miles away.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I have no idea since I haven't had any reason to check. There is what is called "Hope Youth Ranch" just down the road from me, but I'm not sure what they do there.

4. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

There is one about 7 Miles from here but I have only visited the Baptist Children Home in Lexington about 50 or so miles away.

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

A couple of them mof. One is for troubled children of equally troubled parents and the other is for children who have lost their homes in many different ways. One is secular (run by the state or rather the local CPS) and the other by the Free Will Baptists and has been open for many, many years.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We live close to a SBC home -- Florida Baptist Children's Home -- consists of two cottages for a total of 16 children on about five and a half acres. It is located next door to a large SBC church.