1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chip implants and the anti-christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by wtrsju, Jul 29, 2005.

1. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

This story perked my interest. I remember growing up and my Grandmother was always talking about the Rapture. She said the "mark of the beast" would be a chip implant. Now I differ from my family because I am far more conservative then them in matters of faith. They are pentacostal, I am Baptist. Anyway this story still bothered me, probably because of my upbringing. I guess it (upbringing) does have more of an impact than one would imagine. Here's the link.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163983,00.html

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Grandma also thought "linnie-mint" was the medicine of choice for all ailments.

There is so much speculation about end times, and relating this as well would be too. Of course we are in the end times. Its closer now than ever before.

3. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

Yes I love my Grandma, but i'll tell you we don't see eye-to-eye on religion. It just really caught my eye because it reminded me of what she said. Thought some others might have some thoughts on it, whether from a civil rights stance or an end times stance.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a dog that we had to have put to sleep last week that came with a chip in her. Never had to make use of it as she never got lost in the five years she lived with us.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Absolutely no problems with the chip. If the costs in reasonable I will probably have it done. Great benefits to having one.

6. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Well, I have my reservations about the chip, and here's why.

With all the identity thefts going on, and banks and credit card companies mistakenly giving out millions of peoples private information by mistake,the next logical step,(IMOHO)is to make sure that none of that can happen! Put all the info on the "chip", and then even if someone else gets your info, they can't use it because they don't have access to your chip, which is implanted on your body!

I used to think that it would be done because people lose their credit cards, or have them stolen, so a mark of some kind or the chip on the body would solve that. Now, there are lots of other reasons to do it.

So as I see it, we could be taken very quickly to a cashless society where no one can buy or sell without the mark (chip).

Rev. 13-17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Peace,

Tam

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Since I am pre-trib, pre-mil I won't be here for that ;) .

8. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

wtrsju

It's remarkable your Grandmother knew of the chip implant, I didn't think the technology was available back then. When I began studying prophecy 20 years ago the UPC bar code was considered to be the mark, it has three double bars of the same thickness which have the value of 666.

The current chip implant cannot be the "mark" because it is implanted underneath the skin, a mark has to be on the surface of the skin. The fore runner of the coming mark was developed by Interval Research, it is a programmable tattoo with a readout that is visible through the skin. The company did have a picture of it on the internet but was quickly removed after internet chatter identified it as the mark. The following article is from Jack Van Impe's web site:
    The next step is a programmable computer tattoo probably laser imbedded on the skin. The forehead and back of the hand were chosen for its location because of the greater degree of temperature change, thus providing the pulsating + to - cycle to energize the computer.

It will not be the mark of the Antichrist as most Christians believe, rather it will be the mark of the image set up in the temple (Rev. 13:14). Both the mark and the image will be computers.

Do a search on "programmable tattoo interval research"

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right on Brother, right on!!!!

MARANATHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I have problems with the idea of the chip because there are so many problems with modern technology already. There is identity theft, there is computer interference, there are human errors. What if your "scan" somehow picks up the chip of the person doing your scan, or the medical records of someone whose 16 digit number is one digit off from yours?

11. billwald

billwald New Member

OK as long as it is the left hand. <G>

12. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

The verse in Rev. quoted earlier is the one that concerned and still concerns her. I enjoy the posts here because i'm somewhat in the dark in this realm. I must admit I don't have a strong grasp on this subject, so everyone is bringing to light some great ideas.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So believing in a particular eschatology makes it come about? I wish it was that
    easy. :D

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That post was had one purpose in mind Ken, to get a response from my brethren who "differ" with me in their eschatology [​IMG] ;) .

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish that all Christians could avoid all bad stuff on this earth but God promised us neither a rose garden on this earth nor an avoiding of the thorns and thistles of life. But, praise His name, He did promise to see us through the thorns and thistles. \o/

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I know we differ on this issue, but also know where I stand.

One day we will all be able to fellowship and see, possibly, how we all had it wrong and laugh about how simple it all really was ;) .

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Roger. I am thoroughly convinced that none of us truly understand how God will wrap up this present heavens and earth beyond understanding that Jesus will return and that we will all stand before God.

It's all speculation beyond that. [​IMG]

18. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Amen to that, just think of the reaction of those in Christ when they "see the Day approaching" (Heb. 10:25).

19. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

i saw a clip of a saturday night live clip on the chip used for purchases in san diego, spain and florida....."today a store in san diego started offering an implanted chip with which patrons can purchase. they will not have to wait in line at the check out because of detectors in the door, will automaticlly check your purchases, and increase the rate your identy is stolen."

think how much problems with cloning of cell phones (though it's not in the news it's still a problem for many). of course now is the only time in history in which a "mark for buying and selling" is logicsticly possible", as we now have 100% blanket coverage with GPS, and if there is a chip, they will firnd a way to use it to get more taxes, as the recent legislation in washington state proves. (that was a driving tax, that would require every motorist to have a satellite tracker (on star) in every vehicle, and would get taxed on the amount of milage in a year)

big bro is comming and truthfully is already here, just look at Ft Huachuca, az.

thankyou and God Bless

20. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :confused: :confused:

A bit of explanation, please!