1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chocolate Jesus Exhibit Cancelled

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by JFox1, Mar 31, 2007.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Was he hollow or solid? haha

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I'd like to see what would happen if they made a totally naked likeness out of chocolate of the prophet Muhammed. I would imagine Cosimo Cavallaro would be in hiding by now. There would be marching in the streets all over the Muslim world as well as New York. They would be burning Cavallaro in effigy as well as the American flag. It doesnt bother me per se because I know that it doesnt represent my Lord any more than all the relics in the Roman Catholic Church, but it is an obvious attack against Christianity in general by another Christ hating bohemian just like the crucifix in the jar of urine. BTW the name of the work is "I did it Daddy"

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Who gets to eat all that chocolate? I'd like to volunteer.:laugh:

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Don't know what to think. If "I did it daddy" was the title (not questioning, just hadn't seen that) and it was a Jesus with arms outstretched, it would be an accurate depiction of what He did for us. He did not wear the modesty protecting loin cloth we normally see.

However - it was done is chocolate for an art show. That makes me question the motivation of the artist and the show.