1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ birthdate

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Walls, Nov 25, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I have a lighted Nativity Scene in my front yard. Anyone passing by has to know WHY I am celebrating and it's NOT because of Santa Claus!

Christmas will come and go whether or not we decorate, exchange gifts, or whatever. I just love to see all the Christmas lights, hence I decorate.

I think my nativity scene is a witness and I hope it makes some people stop and think what Christmas is all about.

[​IMG]

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Jim: Did you ever stop to think that they may not have sought out relatives to stay with because, of the circumstances of Mary's pregnancy, they might not be welcomed?

Just a thought...

[​IMG] §ue

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Just some logic here, Jesus started His earthly ministry at the age of 30 and had it for 3 years. So possibly His birthdate and His death date are close to the same date.

I know this the world hates Jesus, and they are doing all they can to remove Christ out of Christmas.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a thought - since Jesus is God and God is eternal and has no beginning and no end, should we even talk in terms of a birth date for God? Are we unknowingly giving room to those that consider Jesus to be only a man like us?

5. Elk

Elk New Member

Something to ponder...
    John the Baptist in the womb recognized Jesus Who was only a few cells wide in the womb!
    Pretty wonderful.

Sometimes the way things are going in this world, I can't help but wonder if Jesus was born on Halloween.

6. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

KenH I agree with you. We should point people to the Cross, rather than to a manger. However at least it makes everyone to have to deal with Christ.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your point is well taken, but since Elizabeth was already 6 months along, John was more than just a few cells wide. [​IMG]

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple math</font>
    • Zach & Beth get told by the angel they will have a baby.</font>
    • His course in Temple duty is over Sept/Oct (Jewish months overlap our months; his priestly course is always that month)</font>
    • Zach goes home to Ein Kareim and wife gets pg</font>
    • In her 6th month (March) Mary comes to visit since Gabe told her that SHE is pg</font>
    • She stays until Beth is ready to pop</font>
    • Mary returns to Nazareth, obviously pg by June</font>
    • Travels with espoused Joe to Bethlehem since it is easier to be away from Naz with the stigma of being pg and not married</font>
    • Late Dec she is full term</font>
    I'm not big on Dec 25th, but probably very close.

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Jim: Did you ever stop to think that they may not have sought out relatives to stay with because, of the circumstances of Mary's pregnancy, they might not be welcomed?

Just a thought...

[​IMG] §ue
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sue, I'm not sure who this link is from, but it was the first one that popped up on an internet search just now. Check it out! http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a012.html
    Gina

10. dawna

dawna New Member

even though Jesus probably wasnt born on Dec. 25 there is nothing wrong about rembering Jesus's birth on Dec.25. rember that God promised to send a savouir to save us from our sins. as john 3:16 says God soloved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosoever belives in him should not perish but have everlasting life. the Prophets in the old testement talks about the messiah coming Isaiah 9:16 says For unto us a child is born; and unto us a son is given and the government will be upon His shoulder and His name will be called wonderful, counselor, mighty God, Everlasting Father prince of peace.
    or micah in micah 5:2 but you Bethlem Ephrathah though you are a little among the thousands of judah, yet out of you shall come forth to me TheOne to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth are from old, from everlasting to everlasting....

there is nothing wrong about remebering and celerbrating the Birth of our Lord and saviour's birth on Dec. 25 or any day of the year. We should rember Jesus's birth everyday he is the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

11. Elk

Elk New Member

Your point is well taken, but since Elizabeth was already 6 months along, John was more than just a few cells wide. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I meant that Jesus was only a few cells wide.