1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ died that He might become Lord over people...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Daniel David, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Romans 14:7-9

7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself.
    8 If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's.
    9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Just a couple of observations:

1. Our lives are not our own (this is a truth and not just some mystical guilt trip)
    2. I neither live nor die for my own self.
    3. Our life is only for the Lord.
    4. Our death is only for the Lord.
    5. We are the Lord's possession regardless of what we do.
    6. Christ died and rose from the dead to own and rule over the living and the dead.
    7. This proves that the Lordship of Christ is tied to salvation, not just sanctification.
    8. Those who deny that the Lordship of Christ is important (the cheap grace advocates) to salvation are ignorant of this text. If it isn't Lordship, it isn't salvation.

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I think it best said he is Lord overall, before, during and after. He's always been Lord, and salvation is of the Lord. But then even natural life he's Lord over, as well as eternal life, too.

Even without life, or whether death ever occured, He's always been Lord and ever will be, regardles of what anyone believes.

The Lord doesn't just exist becuase I believe, I exist because He lives. He doesn't live because I believe, I live because He lives! And that's all because he's Lord!

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

He is LORD even of those who deny His existence, of those who deny His deity, of those who challenge His goodness, and many of them will find it out the hard way.

4. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Phil 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

EVERY knee and EVERY tongue... willing or not... believers or not... for Jesus Christ IS LORD!!!