1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ in the Kingdom of God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ in his Suffering is Christ in the Kingdom of God.

“I with desire (acutely / greatly) desired this passover to eat with you before my suffering, but I tell you that no-more-by-any-means (‘ouketi ou meh’, definitely not) do I eat it” (‘fagoh auto’)— literally. There’s no, ‘Will I not eat’, Future; but, actually, and presently at table, “Do I not eat, until it (‘it’, ‘This Passover’) is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God”. “it is fulfilled” (plehrohthehi)— Aorist Subjunctive: “until I would have had fulfilled it I eat not!
    This has been telling us, when, Jesus would actually eat and drink the Passover of Yahweh. In fact He had already started to eat His Passover the Passover of Yahweh, and to empty the cup of His Passover the Passover of Yahweh – Aorist – but not, by eating of the bowl or drinking of the cup on the table physically, but by spiritually eating and drinking his Suffering and Death. Jesus was busy eating the bowl and drinking the cup destined for Him this Last of all Passovers of Yahweh already. He already experienced being “in the heart of the earth”! Therefore declared He to the disciples, “I will not drink of this fruit of the vine”, but I shall eat the bitter fruit of your evil hearts. The cup He in the meanwhile was drinking, was the cup He already at the table, inaudibly, but in the Garden of Gethsemane audibly, prayed His Father’s will over.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't you think this is a great theme too? Christ in the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of Christ in His Suffering!
    Can there be subject - a Truth - more sublime?!

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Leonardo da Vinci.
    I see the TV programs and I hear of the da Vici code, and everybody is surmising over something not there: that missing grail in front of Jesus at the table.

(As far as I know 'grail' is the only English word with meaning for only one thing; no Plural. May perhaps say something!) No grail, da Vinci knew was not there and should not be there. But eveybody else saw where da Vinci saw nothing! Or perhaps wher da Vinci saw the true picture; or rather, where Jesus saw the true picture: Himself the Cup; Himself the bowl; Himself the Sacrifice: Eaten and drunk!

#3 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No! say the TV directors. The grail is that 'V' shape between the two central figures. blind for the figure of the right, that there the 'Grail' the Cup is at table. No one of you here present that will not see the Son of man entered into His Kingdom. It was another occasion. Here again, we see the Son of Man entered in into His heavenly Kingdom, the Kingdom of God: Christ, in His Suffering!

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Leonardo da Vinci was a theologian; a theologian of profound instinct and depth of insight. He should have dropped war mechanics for theological mechanics; perhaps we would have seen the reformation some time earlier in history!

6. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I wonder who it is who gives Gerhard's threads a one-star (i.e. lowest possible rating). It's a shame someone feels they need to do this; why not just ignore the thread?

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Thanks for the denunciation the best I have ever received. But while you have nothing to say, don't say it - please not on 'my' thread then, will you?

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ever read Klaas Schilder? 'Christ in His Suffering'?

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I gave none of those three stars.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ in the Kingdom of His Suffering....
    “But the LORD is with Me as a Mighty Terrible One: Therefore My persecutors shall stumble and they shall not prevail: They shall greatly be ashamed for they shall not prosper (against His Anointed, Ps2:2,4): their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. But, O LORD of hosts, that triest The Righteous and seest the reins and the heart, Let Me see Thy vengeance upon them: for unto Thee have I opened My cause. Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for He hath delivered the soul of His Poor from the hand of evildoers.” Jr20:11-13. “He shall vex them in His sore displeasure”, Ps2:5b.

All right, mock me for quoting this as of Jesus Christ. Then hear, you mockers, this:

“For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the Law of sin and death.... God sending His Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin.... for what the Law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh (of Him).... condemned sin in the flesh (of Him): that the Righteousness of the Law (Jesus Christ) might be fulfilled....”
    No word of this Scripture lets go of the Person of Jesus Christ; it speaks every word of Christ in His Father’s Kingdom, the Kingdom of His Suffering.

“By the circumcision of Christ buried with Him in baptism WHEREIN.... risen.... through the faith of the operation of God who hath raised Him from the dead.... blotting out the court order against us which condemned us— He took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross; and having spoiled principalities and powers He made a show of them triumphing over them IN IT.” “In it”, that is, “triumphing over them.... by the Circumcision of Christ”— in His suffering, by His dying and death and resurrection from.... the dead! Without which conflict and victory through suffering there had been no Kingdom of God.
    “For the Son of Man goeth (forth into battle) as it is written of Him.... for this is my blood (‘to haima mou’) of the Covenant (of My Suffering, the Covenant of Grace).... I will by no means from now drink out of this-(cup)-of-the-fruit-of-the-vine, until that day when I drink it (‘auto’ > ‘to haima mou tehs diathehkehs’) with you new (‘kainon’) in My Father’s Kingdom.” “That day”, had just begun! That “Cup” – The Blood of Covenant – “from now” Jesus had begun to empty— here, “in that day”, “Thy Will be done!” “I drink”— the Present!