1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ is superior to Moses...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Daniel David, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. I just want to you discuss the topic at hand, and not what you think the topic is.

2. Again, actually discuss it please. Just don't hijack this thread.

3. If it makes you feel better to say that, fine, knock yourself out.

2. Tim

Tim New Member

Quoting QS, "This ideal of the Law of God being nullified by grace is a dispensational error."

DD,

I think QS thinks I'm a dispensationalist! [​IMG]

QS,

If you only knew ...

Tim

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Tim, it is typical of legalists and covenantalists to completely ignore the discussion on this issue.

It is like a calvinist talking to an arminian. It doesn't matter the number of Scriptures used, all he will hear is "YOU ARE A ROBOT IF CALVINISM IS TRUE".

Btw Tim, you should be a dispensationalist. Just emphasize the N.C.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

DD,

I believe what your problem is you can't differentiate the verses that deal with the "penalty" of the Law and the Law itself.

Sure the Law of Christ is superior to the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law does contain the ceremonial aspects, but Christ has done away with that portion.

Not once did I get off topic, it's just you don't agree with what is so clearly laid out in scripture.

Christ is "superior" to Moses. There, does that satisfy your whim?

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. Thanks, but no that isn't my "problem". If you don't understand the thread, just ask, I can try and restate the issues.

2. So which law do we follow then, Christ or Moses?

3. He did away with all of it. There is no division of the law. All of it is inferior to that of Christ.

4. It is a whim to you that Christ is superior to Moses? Nice.

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Accept my apology, DD, I thought I was dealing with somebody who had a rational mind.

God said He would write His Laws on the tables of their hearts, that's the answer.

God gave Moses the Pentetuech. Contained in them is the Abrahamic Covenant. But then at a later time we find where the LORD made the Davidic Covenanat. Now, since Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever is God, and God changeth not, the answer still remains that Christ fulfilled the Law and thereby we can have those Laws written upon the tables of our hearts, fleshy tables, living tables, not tables of stone, not tables that are dead as stone, not as tables of stone which have no life.

Now you tell me, is "life" greater than death?

You're way off in leftfield on this. Seems you're demonstrating your own theology and can't quite face the SIMPLE Truth.

Is Christ's Priesthood greater than that of Aaron? Levi? Yes!

Since Christ's Priesthood is after the order of Melchisedec/ eternal, life-giving, the order of Aaron and the order of Levi are dead, though the order of Levi will have one more "episode during the Greast Tribulation trying to please God with sacrifice that He will NOT recognize, simply because the "New Covenant" is after the order of a life of no beginning and of no end, established in His Own Blood.

Maybe reading a little past ch. 3 and considering what others have already told you will help.

I made a mistake in stating a "loose shoe", your hobby horse is lame. :rolleyes:

7. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

QS, you think the law written on the hearts of those in the N.T. is the Mosaic Law? [​IMG] Good one.

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

You think they're totally separate as if Jesus Christ isn't God?

This is from John Gill's Expositor, borrowed by permission: Hebrews 8:10b,
    "I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts; by the laws of God are meant not the precepts of the ceremonial law, which were now abrogated, but either the moral law, and its commands; which is a transcript of the divine nature, was inscribed on Adam’s heart in innocence, and some remains of it are even in the Gentiles, but greatly obliterated through the sin of man; and there is in men naturally a contrary disposition to it; in regeneration it is reinscribed by the Spirit of God; and great respect is had to it by regenerate persons, in which lies one part of their conformity to Christ: or else, since the word "law" signifies sometimes no other than a doctrine, an instruction, the doctrines of grace, of repentance towards God, of faith in Christ, and love to him, and every other doctrine may be intended; and the tables where, according to the tenor of this covenant, these are put and written, are two tables, as before, the "mind" and "heart"; but not two tables of stone, on which the law of Moses was written, partly that it might not be lost, through defect of memory, and partly to denote the firmness and stability of it, as also to point at the hardness of man’s heart; but the fleshly tables of the heart; not that part of our flesh that is called the heart; but the souls of men, such hearts as are regenerated and sanctified by the Spirit of God, and such minds as are renewed by him: and the "putting" of them into the mind, designs the knowledge of them, which God gives; as of the moral law, of its spirituality and perfection, showing that there is no life and righteousness by it, that it is fulfilled by Christ, and is a rule of conversation to the saints; and of all other laws, ordinances, and doctrines of Christ: and the "writing" them in, or on the heart, intends a filling the soul with love and affection to them, so that it regards them singly and heartily; and a powerful inclination of the heart to be subject to them, through the efficacious grace of God; and which is done not with the ink of nature’s power, but with the Spirit of the living God, #2Co 3:3."

Now I hadn't read Gill"s comments before hand, but I see though he is a Calvinist, that in this area we both agree, though I am NOT a Calvinist.

Now I do ask you once again, does this hobby horse of yours even have a leg to stand on? :rolleyes: :eek: [​IMG]

Methinkest not.

9. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

So, the NEW covenant is really the OLD covenant in a different location?

Very good.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Tim

Tim New Member

The truth that God doesn't Himself change does not nullify the fact of progressive revelation of doctrine. Otherwise one would have to say that nothing has changed since the days of the OT.

In Christ,

Tim

11. Precepts

Precepts New Member

"Progressive revelation of doctrine"?

Sounds like somebody is trying to convert Bible Doctrine into "man's doctrine".

That's o.k., guys, I see I'm dealing with somebody who has 99 floors, but the elevator barely makes it to the 98th.

"DeeDee", it's obvious you don't have anything real to say. :rolleyes: [​IMG]

12. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

How hilarious is this thread? I started it demonstrating from Scripture what it says about Christ compared to Aaron and Moses.

I was hoping some covenant theologs and people that push for the 10 commandments would respond. Apparently not.

Instead, I have to discuss this with someone who refuses to understand my position, but still wants to argue against it.

1. This is a theological fact.

For example, when did the Lord reveal that the Christ would reign specifically for 1,000 years? Did he tell Adam this information?

If Adam didn't know, then it is what us folk call "progressive revelation".

2. Please, if that is what you believe you should do, STOP and repent.

3. I hope they get better.

4. QS, how comical that you believe I don't know what this thread is about. I suggest a study in New Covenant Theology for a better understanding of this before you further embarrass yourself.

13. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I'm sorry I exposed your little "trap", but you're the one who needs to study the New Testament a little further than your limited theology, sir. Just because some one has come up with a theology, does NOT make it according to the sure word of prophecy. At least go back and read what you've posted.

The thing is I have you pegged as one of those who "do away" with the Old Testament as if it is now irrelevent. That's a BIG mistake.

I will also go on to say the ones you expected to trap are wise to you. I've noticed how "set" you are in your ways and cannot be taught simple Bible Doctrine. No wonder there are Baptist denominations!! :rolleyes: [​IMG]

14. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Again, you apparently do not understand.

The Old Testament scriptures are not to be 'done away' with as though they have no value. I have never said that.

I have said the Old Covenant (which God made with the children of Israel when He led them out of Egypt) has been fulfilled and made null and void by the New Covenant which the superior law-giver, Christ Jesus, has given to us.

The New Covenant is a higher code of ethics if you will than the Old Covenant ever was. How you are reading lawlessness into this statement is beyond human comprehension. Ignorance is not a virtue.

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

DD, It seems to me you just can't realize we are both saying the same thing, but you insist on acting out this "mental block" due to your incessant desire to argue.

I never said, you said the O.T. was done away, in fact I never said it either.

Take a moment to relax, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Now, read again my posts and see where the ONLY thing I said is "done away" is the Ceremonial portion of the Law given to the Israelites at the foot of Mt. Sinai.

Jesus met the requirements of the Passover Lamb and nullified once and for all the need for ANY blood sacrifice. He satisfied the requirement for blood with His Own Blood. He entered "ONCE" into the Holy of Holies as High Priest.

One key to understanding the meaning of Christ being superior to Moses is I have yet to find where Moses EVER entered intio the Holy of Holies performing the duty of high priest, so deductive reasoning proves this statement.

I will say one thing, you are fun to toy with! :D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Sticky "post" button, sorry.