1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ just a pill to take ?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by pinoybaptist, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yeah, well, maybe Tozer can ask Lady Julia of Norwich what else we should believe. I tried to read him, he had a few things to say that were good, then he went on and idolized this mystic and gnostic. Not good my friends. He's no expert on this and was in error himself being influenced by this woman from Norwich.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Or we could waste our time talking about Calvin's murder of Servetus? Or Luther's strange belief regarding flatulence as a dispelling of an evil spirit? Or Augustine's varies strange doctrines regarding infant baptism and the sort.

Some people would rather play "guilt by association" games than deal with the truth or value that a fellow forgiven sinner may have contributed to our discussion, but I'm not biting.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the "this" - But under the New Covenant, not only do we need to want the covering provided by Christ's blood, but we need God to accept our faith as righteousness, for He knows our heart and hidden heart attitudes, and then place us spiritually in Christ where we are washed by His blood, the circumcision of Christ.

No part of the above "this" was said to be acknowledged, so EWF does not know that we are "under the New Covenant in His blood." See 1 Corinthians 11:25 and Hebrews 9:15.

The next point challenged is that we must want to be saved. Romans 1:16 teaches the gospel is the power of God for salvation to "everyone who believes." See Ephesians 1:13 which teaches after you hear the gospel you also must believe. In 1 Thessalonians 5:8 the volitional act is described as putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

But our doing that - putting our faith and love and hope in Christ Jesus - does not save us. For salvation does not depend upon the man that wills (Romans 9:16) but upon God. Therefore See Romans 4:4-5, we see it is God who must credit (or reckon) our faith as righteousness.

Next EWF seems to challenge that God knows our hearts and hidden attitudes. See Romans 8:27.

Next EWF seems to challenge that scripture says God puts us in Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30. So by God's doing we are in Christ.

Next the circumcision of Christ is challenged. See Colossians 2:11.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep.
    this board seems to be going to the dogs.
    at least the old ones on here that've been here before I signed up had masterful presentations of why they believe what they believe.
    some "new" ones here just don't even care to show any understanding of scriptures and comparative soteriologies.
    just what they think those other soteriologies seem to them: dumb, stupid, you name it, they call it that.
    never read so much gobbledygook being passed as solid Scriptural doctrine by some of the "newbies" here.
    am taking another leave of absence.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So am I supposed to read this guy in order to become an Arminian?!? RIGHT!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your little innuendos go no where. Nor am I going to buy into your flawed theology. stick that in your pipe & smoke it.

7. preacher4truth

lol, well he says a few good things then he leads you into Lady Julia of Norwich doctrine. I think he used to refer to that dissident gnostic as his girlfriend or wife, though she'd long been dead. It doesn't take much reading or discernment to see her grave errors, and he endorsed her BIG time. I lost interest at that point. :sleeping_2:

8. preacher4truth

[​IMG]

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed.....And so what does it serve you or anyone who wants to study & understand Doctrines of Grace theology? You my brother have studied & learned vital truths in scripture that needs to be shared for edification of the brethren. You have just witnessed a situation involving someone with similar knowledge & you know well the inside of the whole stinking thing. That should serve to firm up your resolve to projecting the Truth at all cost. I will tell you this, your advice a week ago helped bolster my resolve to bring Christ into a void area of NJ. Were you not here, that might not have happened. Both Brother Willis & Sister Amy are on the right track now, but how long & what level of patience did it take by resolved believers to get then there (with the Lords help of course). Should we return them to what they came from now?!?

We should talk privately but you need to reconsider.....if you have the were-with-all, you really need to think it out totally.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was it under the Gnostic sub heading. No thanks.......having been a Catholic for 32 years was enough hoc-us poc-us to last me a life time.

11. Skandelon

Or we could waste our time talking about Calvin's murder of Servetus? Or Luther's strange belief regarding flatulence as a dispelling of an evil spirit? Or Augustine's varies strange doctrines regarding infant baptism and the sort.

Some people would rather play "guilt by association" games than deal with the truth or value that a fellow forgiven sinner may have contributed to our discussion, but I'm not biting.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never heard about Luther's strange belief regarding flatulence....could you embellish? Hope it doesnt involve a flame! :laugh:

Let me just say that if you were a European prior to Hitlers coming to power & you read his autobiography "Mein Kampf" you would want to strap yourself in cause you are going for a wild ride. Same rules apply..... is whom ever your reading & studying operating with a full deck or are they off kilter? If so, then they give license to critical questions & validity.

13. Skandelon

lol. It's true, but I don't judge all the man's teachings based on that one strange view. Calvin has some pretty weird teachings too, but much of what he wrote was pure genius. I don't like dismissing all of what people taught based on their errors...otherwise all quotes would be inadmissible.

14. preacher4truth

Flatulence and an accusation of murder, or, propagation of dissident gnosticism and using it as a teaching source? Hmmm.

Apples and oranges.

You've murdered as well when you've hated a person, and I'm sure you've broke wind as well. If not go have some Taco Bell and then I'll liken the succumbing to flatulence to endorsing gnosticism.

Those two things are not quite the same. Not even close.

The fact is Tozer propagated the false teachings of a gnostic and endorsed her. And guess what, He IS guilty by association.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better than the taco place.....go to your local White Castle......make sure you have time to get home....think you would have about a half hour.:smilewinkgrin:

16. preacher4truth

Yes, have a double cheese burger and onion chips. That will do the trick. :laugh:

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have a few...they are kinda small........then T minus 10, 9,8,......blast off:eek:

18. preacher4truth

I grew up on 'em but they don't have them around here. Good thing, I'd eat there once a week and they could stamp 'goodyear' across my hide.

19. Skandelon

Preacher4truth and EWF,

THIS video is for you two... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.