1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ or Self? An Example of Modern Apostasy.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article starts out:

This is amazing. A church is actually having to vote to make it "mandatory for clergy to accept" the Divinity of Jesus Christ. This is as clear of a case of modern apostasy as there is.

Ok, this Church is going to vote on the Divinity of Jesus Christ and the measure will fail? I don't really know what is worse. The fact that this is something they feel must be voted on or the fact that the measure might actually fail. Which means the majority of those in leadership, who will vote, deny the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

The article continues:

So it is the position of the United Church of Christ that those who deny the Deity of Jesus Christ should not be condemned? If the UCC, as they call themselves, opposes condemning those who deny the Divinity of Christ then they oppose Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus told the Pharisee that, "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am He, you will die in your sins" (Jn 8:24). The Apostle Paul said that, in order to be saved and enter heaven, a person must confess "Jesus as Lord" (Rom 10:9). That is more than just saying the words, that is a solid belief. Those in the UCC that deny the deity of Christ, those who don't want to condemn anyone, are themselves condemned. They are not condemned by man...no they are condemned by the very God they claim to represent. They, unless they repent, will die in their sins since they reject the Lord Jesus Christ.

The article goes on:
    Let me translate this for you. What the United Church of Christ is actually saying is this, "Come join our Church. We don't care what you believe, we don't care if you believe, we just want you to feel good".

The Bible gives a different picture. In fact, in Scripture, belief is the whole issue. One of the most, if not the most, famous Bible verses in all the world is John 3:16. Let's look at the whole verse and its context:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God" -Jn 3:16-18

Let's compare. Scripture says if you believe in Jesus you are saved, if you don't you are condemned. The United Church of Christ says that it does not really matter what you believe. As the old Blockbuster Video saying went, "WOW What A Difference!". The United Church of Christ is, in effect, not only deny the Deity and Person of Jesus Christ they are denying the Gospel as well!

The article says:
    My response to this is simple: Why?

Why would a church put a fool in the pulpit? The Bible says those who don't believe in God are fools who have darkened hearts (Ps 14:1, Rom 1:18-23). Why put people like that behind the sacred desk?

Notice that nothing is grounded in the truth of God's Word. Everything is realative. Why do these people even pretend to be Christians? Apart from a grounding in the Word we have no reason to be Christians. Beyond that it sounds alot like they just don't believe (and thus they are judged).

Jesus never turned anyone away? Really?

My Bible says differently. Jesus turned away the Rich Young Ruler (Lk 18:18-30, the Pharisee who rejected Him (Matt 23:13-36), and others who He would not entrust "Himself to them" (Jn 2:23-25), the disciples who walked away in John 6:66. Jesus turned many away. He turned away those who put themselves (their pride, money, pleasures, etc) in front of God. Jesus said that to be His disciple (a follower of Christ, a Christian) one must deny himself and follow Him (Lk 8:23-27). That means to become a follower of Christ, and be accepted by Him and time and eternity, we must deny ourselves and turn to Him in faith. Then we will be accepted by Him. However if we continue in our sin, and thus reject Him, we will hear Him pronounce the final rejection of us when He says, "Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matt 25:41).

These "liberals", as they are called, need to make up their minds. Do they want Christ? Or do they want themselves? That is their choice. If they go with themselves, as it seems they are doing, that means they are eternally condemned. However if they go with Christ that means they must follow Him, obey Him, and deny themselves. They must acknowledge Him as their Lord (Master) and their God (as Thomas did).

The United Church of Christ is clearly in serious apostasy.

The article can be found here .

In Christ,
    Martin.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The UCC is leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeburral!

I honestly would be shocked to see any orthodoxy in this denomination.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I honestly would be shocked to see any orthodoxy in this denomination."

I agree. If there were any orthodox people in the United Church of Christ they are probably gone by now.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The United Church of Christ Celebrates The Homosexual Agenda

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just add this post to this thread.

In the last post on the apostasy of the United Church of Christ I referenced this, but in this post I will directly deal with it. The United Church of Christ is a pro-homosexual denomination. On their offical news web-site a article appears about a commercial aired by the UCC.

The article starts:

What was in this ad?

There is so much unBiblical red meat in that one paragraph that I could write a book in response. So what I want to do is take it apart and respond point by point.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the post in full. I hit the enter button by mistake. If a moderator could erase the first post I would be greatful. Thanks. Martin.

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just add this post to this thread.

In the last post on the apostasy of the United Church of Christ I referenced this, but in this post I will directly deal with it. The United Church of Christ is a pro-homosexual denomination. On their offical news web-site a article appears about a commercial aired by the UCC.

The article starts:

What was in this ad?

There is so much unBiblical red meat in that one paragraph that I could write a book in response. So what I want to do is take it apart and respond point by point.

The article stated:
    The commercial, part of the UCC’s broad identity campaign states that – like Jesus – the UCC seeks to welcome all people, regardless of ability, age, race, economic circumstance or sexual orientation.

Jesus did indeed welcome all people. Jesus never favored a person due to their race, ability, economic circumstances, or national origin. However to say that Jesus accepted peope "regardless of...sexual orientation" is unBiblical. Jesus did eat with sinners, and yes Jesus loved them. However Jesus sought to save them from their sins. Notice the woman caught in adultery. Jesus accepted her but then charged, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more" (Jn 8:11). This is what the UCC is missing. Jesus condemned all forms of sexual immorality (any sex outside of Biblical marriage).

The article said:
    Written text interrupts the “bouncer” scene, announcing that “Jesus didn’t turn people away. Neither do we.” A narrator then proclaims the UCC’s commitment to Jesus’ extravagant welcome: “No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you’re welcome here.”

I would reference people to my original post in this thread as a response to this false claim by the UCC.

So truth and Scripture mean nothing to the UCC? What about the Biblical fact that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1Cor 6:9-10)?Homosexuality is a shameful sin (Rom 1:24-27). Is that Buford's definition of defamation? Is calling sin "sin" what offends Mr Buford and the UCC? This shows that these people are guilty of calling good evil and evil good (Is 5:20, Prov 17:15).

Homosexuality is a sin and those who practice it will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If one does not inherit the Kingdom of God what does one inherit? The lake of fire (see Matt 25:34,41, Rev 21:7-8).

What about what God is looking for? What about obedience, holiness, sanctification, following Christ? The UCC needs to be more concerned about what God wants than what "the world is looking for". For Scripture warns, "you adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God" (Jms 4:4). The Bible also warns us, "do not love the world nor the things in the world...for all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is of the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever" (1Jn 2:15-17). The UCC is against the will of God. How? Because they call sin "good" and call repentance "evil" (I think their exact term was, "defamation").

O really? I would put forward that it is not important what "their belief" is. What is important is "what is fact" and how do they respond to those facts (w/ faith or rejection). I have found that most of these type people Buford is talking about have never read the Gospels and have no clue what Christ taught. Their belief about what Christ taught therefore does not come from Scripture but from their personal desires (2Tim 4:3-4). They need to stop creating God in their own image and accept God as He has revealed Himself in Scripture.

See the Scriptures above about the danger of friendship with the world.

This is very, very sad. The UCC is in total apostasy and it is leading people down the wide and easy road to hell. We need to pray for the poor souls trapped in this satanic deception. Pray that they will hear the real Gospel and that they will leave this apostate church and turn to Christ, His Word, and attend a church that believes and teaches the whole council of God.

In Christ,
    Martin.

6. APuritanMindset

APuritanMindset New Member

Martin, it's good to know that there is someone standing for the truth and being bold in it. This thread, although not very happy, has been an encouragement. Thank you for standing for the truth.

Based on what I know of the UCC, they aren't really Christian.