1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CHRIST: Sinless or not?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by av1611jim, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Well, I don't know about all kinds. I think there are certain things that you must believe, like the fundamentals. At what point can we claim to have perfect knowledge of Christ and or the scriptures if that is the standard we must attain before we can place our faith in Christ? Certainly after we are saved, we are going to be accountable for what we believe and teach others. We are admonished to study to show ourselves approved (at least those of us who read the KJV are ;) ) and we are certainly in danger of being cast out at the judgment seat of Christ. I think that there is probably a correlation between the belief that alcohol is OK and the belief that there is no danger at the judgment seat for a Christian.

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Add to that "Believe that Jesus would never go anywhere or do anything that someone might misinterpret as Him sinning, or associating with sinful people or sinful practices."

In other words, Jesus never actually came to the world. ;)

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

It very well is a Salvation issue, mc.

If one utters a lie and lives a lie, can it truly be said that one is saved? Since the Word of God declares that those who lie will not enter into the Kingdom?

I believe it is a Salvation issue. Are they believing in a Christ that is sinless? or one that has sin?

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Good point Npet and I might add that not everything that is sin for us is sin for God.
    It was not sin for Jesus to claim to be God but it would have been sin for us to do that same.

We are warned against walking in the counsel of the unGodly in Proverbs but if Jesus was with the unGodly, they were NOT counseling Him.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pssst....Bitsy!! Sister, your common sense and wisdom is showing! :eek:

One side believes it is. One side believes it is not. See, there's those two pesky sides again............

Unfortunately not everyone can see what you are trying to say. There are too busy taking sides.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Thank you sister ;)

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

MC, and HB, I am beginning to believe HB that it is a salvation issue.
    I agree with you, Bitsy that it should not be. But when a person believes abstinence and beliefs about wine make a difference in their salvation, I wonder about that persons salvation.

What you believe about wine is irrelevant. What you believe about grace is very important.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Then there's that third side that says saved Christians will give account for sin.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well, this thread was a spin-off of the wine issue, so I think you need to address how different the two are.

The grape-juicers are convinced that alcohol is sinful, so they believe that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong about the character of Christ. But that's not reality. We all agree that Christ was without sin. We simply disagree that drinking wine (without getting drunk) is a sin. So those of us who do not believe wine is sinful aren't wrong about the character of Christ. At worst, we're wrong about whether or not He drank wine.

That isn't the same thing as leaving it open for all kinds of heresy. We all agree Christ was without sin, so there's no "false doctrine" creeping in about the sinlessness of Christ. The grape-juicers simply think that we're saying Christ sinned and we don't see that because they're saved and we're lost.

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Thats true as well.

11. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Sounds like we've wrapped this one up in record time.

It'll be fun when we all get to meet one day in heaven, we can talk about how jacked up we were down here, and how amazing it is to be with Jesus. Right HBSMN?

12. His Blood Spoke My Name

It is not about believing in Grace at all.

There are those who will say God is not going to allow anyone to go to hell. And yet never placed their faith in His Son. Believing in Grace has nothing to do with it.

13. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

So is it about your good works then?

14. dan e.

dan e. New Member

the dangers of legalism.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So, if we measure salvation by this standard, then which group is saved:

People who believe in tongues/people who do not

People who worship on Saturday/people who worship on Sunday

People who raise their hands in worship/people who do not

People who wear dresses only/people who do not

Calvinstists/non calvinists

All of these things are done because of our perception of God's character, are they not? Are they not based on what we each believe is God's will which is rooted in His character?

The Bible is clear. We are saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Christ that was born of a virgin. The Christ that led a sinless life. The Christ that was crucified for our sins. The Christ that was resurrected and is our High Priest in heaven. The Christ that will one day return for His own. Is there another Christ? This is the Christ that I know. And more importantly, He knows me.

16. His Blood Spoke My Name

No, it is not about believing in works either.

It is about placing one's faith in Christ Jesus, not his Grace. It is about placing one's faith in Christ Jesus, not one's works.

But, if one truly places one's faith in Christ Jesus, works are sure to follow.

17. His Blood Spoke My Name

Not legalism at all. Show me Scripture that says we are to place our faith in grace.

18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Do we have to agree on whether or not we believe Jesus wore a dress? Do robes count as dresses?

19. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

We are HIS workmanship. Even our "good works" are really HIs good works in us or they are not good at all.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.