1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn PLAGIARISED

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:

>>Was Opse Matthew’s Oops?
    By John Lemley

Opse is the first word in the Greek text of Matthew 28:1. In the KJV the verse reads, “In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.” The words “in the end” are translated from the Greek word opse.

Many English versions of the Bible, since 1904, translate opse with the word after. Older versions translate opse with the words evening, late, or in the end. However, the two meanings are mutually exclusive. For instance, the same event cannot occur both in the end of a trip and after a trip. It was either in the end of the Sabbath or it was after the Sabbath that the two Marys came to see the sepulcher. It could not have been both. One scenario cancels out the possibility of the other.

The purpose of this article is to determine which meaning Matthew intended to communicate – late on the Sabbath or after the Sabbath?

First, let’s consider the way opse is used in other places in the Bible.

Opse in the Septuagint

Genesis 24:11 – And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening (opse), even the time that women go out to draw water.

Opse is translated from the Hebrew word ereb (#6153 Strong’s). The events from verse 11 to 31 are most easily understood as happening at the end of a day when there was still enough light to see clearly.

Exodus 30:8 – And when Aaron lighteth the lamps at even (opse), he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the Lord throughout your generations.

Again, opse is translated from the Hebrew word ereb and refers to an “end of the day” event. Aaron certainly had enough daylight left to see what he was doing while lighting the lamps.

Isaiah 5:11 – Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink: that continue until night (opse), till wine inflame them.

Opse is translated from the Hebrew word nesheph (#5399 Strong’s) which means “dusk, when the evening breeze prevails.” This verse refers to people who consume strong drink all day long; from the beginning to the end of the day.

Jeremiah 2:23 – The Septuagint has the phrase “her voice has howled in the evening (opse)” instead of the KJV “thou art a swift dromedary traversing her way.”

These four scriptures show that opse refers to an event occurring during the closing hours of a day.<<Qoute ends; article continues ...

I e-mailed John Lemley ...

Was Opse Matthew’s Oops?
    Gerhard [[email protected]]
    To: '[email protected]'

Re:

Was Opse Matthew’s Oops?
    By John Lemley

Here, clearly my work was plagiarised for the false doctrine of a ‘Wednesday Crucifixion’ of Jesus Christ—SHAME on you! Plagiarised you but for God’s TRUTH!

Gerhard Ebersöhn

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6169 (20110531) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Remark:

Please use my work and use it without to mention that it is my work : God bless you!

But do not abuse my work for false doctrine, is all I ask in the Name of God!