1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Church -- Baptismal Regeneration

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by baptistbro, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

DHK: I have been away for a few days. Here is what I believe a major problem is.

In the Churches of Christ, the concept of biblical faith is typically not explained. It is also common to parrot a slander that people who believe in `salvation by faith' do not believe they have to obey and do not really want to obey.

Baptist circles teach against what is called `Easy-believism.' So also does Scripture. Galatians 5:6 indicates that any faith will get busy, as also with James 2:14-26. I know firsthand that Baptists teach this.

It is interesting to note one of the examples mentioned in the latter passage: the sacrifice of Isaac. It is interesting to note that the actual sacrifice was not finished. The notion that nothing can be faith until an act is entirely consummated is rejected by Scripture.

Ephesians 2:8-10 indicate the order. It is salvation by faith first without works, then works follow. Any real faith obeys from the heart outward -- not just from the exterior.

#21 Darron Steele, Aug 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006