1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Community

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by greek geek, Mar 18, 2005.

1. greek geek

greek geek New Member

How would you define the Christian Community? Characteristics, qualities, purpose, evidence, etc. And I'm not referring to the local church but to the community made up of all believers.

I have been doing a lot of study on this topic in preperation for a retreat I'm doing in a few weeks time. And I would appreciate some input as I put all my thoughts and studies together.

thanks

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Metaphors in the NT are a good place to start.

Body
    Building
    Bride

Hey, that sounds like an aliterated outline just waiting for a study!!

Fellowship based on doctrine (Acts 2:42)
    Prayer
    Lord's Supper

So my "Christian" community here in Casper would NOT include the Mormon, the Catholic, the Greek Orthodox, most liturgical, etc, because they are Christian in name only and not reality.

Sadly, our evangelical churches here WANT to include "everyone" who claims "christianity". I consider everyone who is evangelical to be my "community" and open to preach and teach and share together on programs and projects.

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

We have a wide variety of denominations. Very ecumenical. I call it Burger King theology.."Have it your way".

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Dr. Bob posted:

We did a study on this subject a few years ago. There are many and it would be an excellent inclusion to a series on the NT church.

I would also be sure to include an exhaustive study on spiritual gifts. This will aid and challenge the brethren to see their need to participate in the edifying of the body through the exercising of their particualr gift.