1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Debate Forums

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber1, Sep 11, 2007.

1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Thank you Ken, that was just fine. Another number?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is how it has to be I guess. It is a personal thing, but the one issue that gets me more than any other is abortion. I could probably consider any other issue in light of the total man or woman, but abortion, that is for me a no compromise.

I work a night shift also, 11pm to 730am. What do you do at nights?

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I work in data processing, but took some vacation this week. What sort of work are you doing?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. :) From Alison Krauss & Union Station's "Lonely Runs Both Ways" CD(written by Ron Block):

"In this world I walk alone
    With no place to call my home
    But there’s One who holds my hand
    The rugged road through barren lands.

The way is dark, the road is steep
    But He’s become my eyes to see
    The strength to climb, my griefs to bear
    The Savior lives inside me there.

Chorus:
    In Your love I find release
    A haven from my unbelief
    Take my life and let me be
    A living prayer, my God, to Thee.

In these trials of life I find
    Another Voice inside my mind
    He comforts me, and bids me live
    Inside the love the Father gives.

Chorus:
    In Your love I find release
    A haven from my unbelief
    Take my life and let me be
    A living prayer, my God, to Thee."

#24 KenH, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Networking and related equipment for a US government agency.

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    America is pictured as the "lamb like beast" in Rev 13 because of its early foundational principles of freedom of Religion and it's doctrinal roots in Protestantism. In Rev the lamb symbolizes Christ and to be "lamb like' is to be Christ-like.

There is no question but that the constitution and founding principles in America have been the copy, goal and aim of all enlightened nations since the founding of this great country.

We started just over 200 years ago as LESS than the LEAST among the leading superpowers of the world at that time. Spain, Brittain and France had sliced up this land among themselves -- the fact that we turned in to the single world wide superpower that we have in such a short time is in fact due to the blessing of God on America. To the extent that we "turn from God" we turn from our source of success but why deny the history and cause of our success?

in Christ,

Bob

#27 BobRyan, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!

How could a Christian trade an innocent life for anything? Is there anything of greater value to be gained? There just is no way to rationalize a pro-abortion vote from a biblical point of view.

Murder your baby or fix social security?

Murder your baby or stop the wars?

Murder your baby or fix medicare?

Murder your baby or pay less taxes?

Murder your baby or fix the border problem?

Murder your baby or .......................put in whatever you feel is of greater value than an innocent life.

It is no wonder God added the shedding of innocent blood to those seven things He hates.

It would make no difference to me if the candidate "appeared" perfect in every other subject. If he was pro-murder I would reject him. I must, I could not do anything but reject him, lest I find the innocent blood on my own hands as well that my Lord hates so badly.

It just wouldn't be right, nor would it be right for me to vote for a non-Christian to represent me. The day is coming when a antichrist will rise up and fool the people into thinking he is Christlike, a very good man! They will all ool and aah and marvel at how perfect he is. He has all the answers to all the problems. Who cares if he is antichrist, let's follow him!

I voted for Bush twice myself. I do not regret it, I voted with a good conscience that I judged him by what he stood for and by the scriptures. Are secular things perfect? Will they ever be perfect? I am quite happy with Bush's performance and do not see where he wavered at all on his words against abortion or his words concerning the person of Jesus CHrist or on his biblical morals. Has he solved all of the countries problems? No, nor will the next umpteen Presidents to come. God will take care of the people in God's own way. My hope lies not in any President, present or future.

God Bless! :thumbs:

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Boy, talk about retrofitting something into the Bible! That can certainly be your interpretation, but to unequivocably state that as fact is not supportable. Nowhere is the U.S. explicitly mentioned in the Bible.

10. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

11. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member