1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Education Programs

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by llister, Apr 3, 2008.

1. llister

llister New Member

Hello All,

I am new to this site but the short time I've been here I've learned a lot. I am looking to get my Masters in Christian Education. Anyone know of any good online programs that are reasonably priced? I live is Sacramento, CA and having a family and kids and am definitely limited in my flexibility and finances. Recognized accredation would be nice but my first priority is to properly equip myself for the ministry God has called me to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Lance

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to make the long trip to Memphis, TN, you can study at Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary (where I go, had to offer a plug!). The cost of living here is much lower, and the tuition is cheap, if you ever want to move away.

As far as online studies go, I think Liberty University offers a religious/Christian ed. degree.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I went to SWBTS I noticed that the Religious Education students did not get near the education that I did at a state university in the teacher education program in CA. For example we learned how to develop a curriculum and test it while the students at SWBTS were simply using what already existed. I am glad that I learned what I did because I have had to develop curriculum many times both at the high school and college level as well as at the church level.

I would think that you could find something at Sacramento State in the education department. It is an accredited state university which would be much cheaper for you as an in state resident.

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stefan Sidebar!!!

Hello Stefan,

I think we have talked before, I am a Mid America alum. I still live in the Memphis/W. TN area. We need to get together by PM and talk.

I will "second that emotion" if you want to get a really good education cheap, go to MABTS! It may be one of the "best kept secrets" as far as MDiv "bang for the buck" anywhere.

Anyone, PM me with issues or questions about MABTS.

"That is all!":laugh: