1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Finnish Venue Cancels Performance by a Christian

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Professing Christian, performer Alice Cooper, has been barred from doing a show at a venue in Finland. The managing director of the theater said:

"...artists who express suspicious values from Christianity’s point of view cannot be allowed to perform at the venue.’ He also told reporters that his venue doesn’t ‘arrange concerts where Satanism or non-god-worshipping occurs."

What is "non-god-worshipping"?

More HERE

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure what is meant by 'non-god-worshipping.' It may be a Finnish concept that is hard to translate into English ... or it may be their perception of worshiping anything, deity, idea, belief that the do not think is from God.

Look at the photo in the link. I am not sure I would want my child attending a concert with someone who looks like that. What message is being sent? It seem to me no a good one. To me it shows how permissive our society has become.

Fundamentalists and conservatives should be able to see how the Finnish would react this way. Look at their posts here when something they disagree with a jot or tiddle of their theology. This is not a criticism. In fact, even though I think they are often wrong, they do stand up for what they believe.

Most American Christians do not realize that Christians in other parts of the world do not see either the world nor Christianity in the same way as here. This does not make either wrong nor right. We probably can learn much from each other.

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And this from the country which gave us Lordi?

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see no connection between your comment and the topic in the OP. How 'bout staying on the subject. Thanks.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK, sorry. I would guess that conservative Christian Finns would take issue with some of old Vince's stage antics, at least those in the past.