1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian heavy metal

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by evangelist6589, Jan 6, 2017.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know them, but I thought Robert Zimmerman's Slow Train Coming was a pretty good album (although I don't know that he's actually a Christian :Unsure ).

2. Baptist Brother

Baptist Brother Active Member

When I was young I listened to a lot of classic heavy metal. It's actually some of the most Christian secular music around. Heavy metal bands aren't afraid to sing about spiritual things. Why not, back in the day these band were started by kids raised in churches more conservative than most these days.

Black Sabbath, "Have you ever thought about your soul can it be saved?.... Is Christ just a name that you read in a book when you were in school?... Open your eyes, just realize that he's the one. The only one who can save you now from all this sin and hate."

Alice Cooper is practically a preacher.

I never liked Christian heavy metal. For that matter, I don't like listen to most Christian music other than Southern Gospel. Definitely none of the pop garbage played on the radio.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was singer ofGrand Funk railroad, BIG time rock band rom mear me, Flint, Mi... Heard him on Moody radio years ago, as he claimed to have becomea Christian back then!
    Bob Dylan professed coming to Christ bacl then als, but then wentoff into Jewish Kaballh...

Only ones to seem to stick were Alice Cooper and singer from Kansas!

4. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mark Farner, Kerry Livegren (sp), Alice Cooper...all rockin' at the nursing home.
    None of those guys are pure heavy metal, but Cooper is the closest.
    Whatever happened to that horrific band called, "Vengeance?"

Remember the Rez Band? Glenn Kaiser, the pastor of JePUSA-Chicago, later went on to cover some Blind Willie Johnson blues tunes with blues harpist, Darrell Mansfield.

Hair bands have gone the way of the dinosaur. Now we just get incredibly mediocre and theologically weak worship music from Hillsong and others. Best worship music is coming from Sovereign Grace and Indelible Grace.

VENGEANCE!!!

#24 MennoSota, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alice coopr dad is a Baptist pastor here in Detroit, wouldhad loved to see his son fly in and be the worship leader fo christmas services! All painted up and decked out! If he showed up at a charasmatic church service, woul havtriedto do a deiverence on him!

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What church

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #27 Jerome, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did not know that, as heard alice cooper in the past on his radio sow calling his father a Baptist minister, not Mormon....
    Shows the grace of God, s e was saved despite that influence!

Also, wasn't his wife a ministers daughter, he mrried before getting saved?

10. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, his father-in-law was a minister (ABC-USA).

11. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We used to go to the Franklin Mills Mall in Philadelphia on Saturday mornings to witness to the kids. The guys from Vengeance, all went to the Calvary Chapel in Philadelphia and hung out there, as well as another band called "Haven", which was from a church in Burlington.

We knew them from those days. Really nice guys, not at all what you'd expect. Their music wasn't really my thing, but very nice guys.

Glenn Kaiser on the other hand, was a nut. My last memory of him is him yelling at me and lecturing me in front of about 100 people at Creation because I told him I didn't want to play CCM.

#31 JohnDeereFan, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  12. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and I believe her father was involved with RC Sproul and Ligonier somehow before it was Ligonier.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I do remember hearing him talk about that many years ago.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still think would have been funny to have his son alice handle Worship, in his normal stage look!