1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Hierarchy of Love

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Bismarck, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Bismarck

Bismarck New Member

(1) And thou shalt love YHWH thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment (Mark 12:30)

(2) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Matt 22:39)

(3) But I say unto you, 'Love your enemies ___' (Matt 5:44a)

CONCLUSION: You must love YHWH-God the most vigorously. Then, you must thy neighbor next most vigorously. Lastly, you must love even your enemies.

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith (Gal 6:10).

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I beieve we Love God by loving our fellowman.

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

I further believe one can't be right with God and wrong with his fellowman.

Mt 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

I think John summed it up as good as it could be said;

1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

3. Bismarck

Bismarck New Member

But who is your brother? Is an unrepentant murderer your brother??

NO.

Matt 12:50
    For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother

Your "true (spiritual) family" are those who do the Will of YHWH-God. Anton LeVay and Michael Aquino and other "satanists" are not your brothers.

Who are your neighbors??

Luke 10:36-37
    Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him...

Your "true (spiritual) neighbours" are not those who live physically next to you, but those who act neighbour-like — by showing mercy and compassion.

You are to love all Mankind, even sinners, for all are the (perhaps wayward) children made by God, who "maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good" (Matt 5:44).

But you do show "favoritism" to those of YHWH-God, to whom you devote your full and maximum love & loyalty.