1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian school at odds with expelled lesbian students

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "California Lutheran High School expelled two students for engaging in lesbian conduct," he notes. "And the parents of those students turned around and sued the school for sexual orientation discrimination under the California Unruh Act, which is the California public accommodations law, which prohibits sexual orientation discrimination."

More Here

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Digusting. Cali is forcing immorality.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

We're going to see more of this, and see "alternative" relationships widely accepted. The public schools here have already been teaching this for years.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Exactly what sort of conduct? On school property?

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually a pretty smart way of marginalizing Christianity..... Make it so a Christian can not teach under the new regulations...

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think we should lift the Christian Legal Society and this Lutheran High School before the throne. We stood idle while prayer was kicked out of the schools, I think this is a good place to draw a line and say no more...

This is another reason I don't support vouchers. When government gives money they then regulate what you can and can't do. I would think a private school can take who they choose. It would be no different than going to a Muslim school and objecting to the teachings of Islam...

Why would you go to a Christian school if you choose that lifestyle?

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Rev Mitchell, please check your pm's. Your box is full.

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no conduct as such, just "rumors".
    What is disgusting is when a fifty year old male school official secretly probes your daughter about sexual matters.

9. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another California court recently ruled that parents have no recourse in the courts when school officials, without parental permission, survey their childrens' personal sexual behaviours.

#9 Jerome, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is an echo in here.

11. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is an echo in here.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

How do you know either of these?

13. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Local Newspaper
    "Bork suspended the girls Sept. 7 after questioning them separately during school hours, the lawsuit says. The suspension came a day after he learned through a student or teacher that the girls might have "homosexual ideas" or be involved in a relationship, according to the lawsuit and Hayes.
    The lawsuit says Bork asked inappropriate personal questions, such as whether the girls were lesbians and loved one another. It accuses him of coercing one girl to admit she loved the other, later citing that as one reason for suspending them. Hayes said the emotion was based on friendship and Bork was acting on suspicions only.
    Bork detailed his decision in the Sept. 12 letter that was written at the request of a parent of one of the students. Although there had been no open physical contact between the girls, their "bond of intimacy" was characteristic of a lesbian relationship, he wrote.
    One girl, he wrote, discussed her feelings with another student. He said a parent of one of the girls told him after the suspension that they had passed photographs around campus of them posing in suggestive sexual positions. The lawsuit denies this."

14. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Christian schools are supposed to be for Christians--not people living in sexual sin. The school was well within its rights to expel them. Unfortunately, it's called "discrimination", because we can't "discriminate" against homosexuals living the homosexual lifestyle.

What if a teacher of a Christian school was caught cheating on his/her spouse? Should that person be allowed to continue as a teacher? I don't think so. The same standard should be for everyone in a Christian school. Unfortunately, homosexuality is no longer thought of as sin by most people. At the very least it's accepted as just an alternate lifestyle, and too many say there's nothing wrong with it--even some people who claim to be Christians. NO Christian would call sin good and acceptable. A "man" who propositioned me said, "I believe that God accepts me the way I am."