1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Singer Walks Out on Grammys After ‘Satanic’ Performances

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jan 28, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Popular Christian gospel singer Natalie Grant walked out of the Grammys after witnessing a series of performances that even the mainstream entertainment media admitted were occult in nature.

Grant, who was nominated for two Grammys last night, tweeted her excitement upon arriving at the event but soon made it clear that she left early because what she witnessed conflicted with her Christian beliefs, stating, “We left the Grammy’s early. I’ve many thoughts, most of which are probably better left inside my head. But I’ll say this: I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen.”

Although she remained coy on the exact circumstances, Grant was probably referring to Katy Perry, who was surrounded by demons as she danced around an upside down broomstick before being encircled by fire during a performance of her song “Dark Horse”. Perry wore clothing bearing an illuminated Knights Templar cross.

Even E! Online tweeted that Perry’s performance resembled “actual witchcraft”.

http://www.infowars.com/christian-singer-walks-out-on-grammys-after-satanic-performances/

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I stopped listening to secular music a long time ago. I tell folks visiting to not play it in my house. Parents need to be careful period when they are letting their kids isten to these artists. Wasn't there some story on Drudge last month about Beyonce flashing some sort of satanic symbols during a performance too? And that Kanye West boy is always flashing something. All of these really big names in music seem to be in some manner connected to the occult.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You'll notice that when any secular media establishment needs to either recapture an audience or do something that everyone is talking about they attack Christianity.

Never Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, etc....only Christianity.

It is easy to pick on Christianity and represents artistic laziness.

I've stopped watching these idiotic award shows. To see media industries pat themselves on the back for leading our culture into depravity has no appeal to me. We have public servants, everyday heroes, soldiers in harms way, countless other groups who do more in a week than these highly paid dilettantes do in a year. Where is their award shows?

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I listen mostly to secular music. I like bluegrass, which includes a lot of Gospel music, and Southern Gospel music, but mostly, the vast, vast majority of the music I listen to is secular music.

But that having been said, my wife and I have given our children a guide to go by to evaluate what they watch and listen to and read, and it's helped me a lot.

1. Does it pass the Philippians 4 test?

Is it true? Is it honorable? Is it just? Is it pure? Is it lovely? Is it commendable? Is there any excellence? Is there anything worthy of praise?

2. Does it pass the Galatians 5 test?

Does it exhibit, glorify, or incite the works of the flesh, which are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, either in thought or in deed?

Or does it exhibit, glorify, or encourage the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience,
    kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?

3. Does it pass the 1 Corinthians 8 test?

Even if it's something God grants us the liberty to enjoy or engage in, would our doing it cause a weaker brother or sister in Christ to sin or to stumble in their walk with Christ?

4. Is it an idol to you?

If it's something that failed the three tests above, would you give it up? If so, then what would your attitude be about giving it up? Would you be glad to give it up, knowing it doesn't glorify God, isn't conducive to growth in Christ, and could cause a weaker brother or sister in Christ to sin or stumble in their walk with Christ?

Or would you give it up grudgingly or not give it up at all? If so, then it's an idol.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The 2014 Grammy Awards: Still Pushing the Illuminati Agenda

For years, I’ve been stating that music awards ceremonies are a celebration of what the Illuminati industry stands for, as their choreographed format offers the industry an opportunity to imprint the collective mind with specific messages and symbolism. After each award season, I notice a growing number of people realizing that something is “off” with the music industry and that it promotes a specific set of values and attitudes. Is the public getting wiser or is it just all becoming too obvious to ignore? Whether the case may be, the show prompted people such as Former University of Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron to tweet:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/2014-grammy-awards-still-pushing-illuminati-agenda/

6. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

:applause::jesus::thumbs::praying: Amen and amen.