1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Standard Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Deacon, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A revision of The Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) will be launched in 2017.

The revision will simply be called
    The Christan Standard Bible [Web site LINK]

“The website includes translation information, HCSB transition plans, merchandising, online tools, and the full product line. An unparalleled marketing campaign for the Christian Standard Bible will support both the Christian Standard Bible translation and a wide variety of CSB titles.”

According to
    the press release from B&H Publishing Group, ...

“The CSB Translation Oversight Committee, a team of top biblical scholars across the globe, includes scholars from a variety of denominations including Baptist, Presbyterian, Anglican, Lutheran and non-denominational backgrounds. Working directly from the original languages, they also solicited feedback from pastors, seminaries and other conservative denominations. Those responsible for the translation are firmly committed to traditional, conservative principles and the timeless truth of God’s Word.”

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know it's not a favorite here, but I've enjoyed putting some high mileage on my HCSB.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see in the Link, a picture of the bible with Revelation 22:6a "Then he said to me, these words are faithful and true. Many translations (including the NASB) read the same. However, some read "trustworthy and true" and the NET reads "reliable and true."

Since the words provide a promise (reign forever) trustworthy or reliable seems a better translation choice.