1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Theme Parks - Godly entertainment or tacky?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Sep 28, 2006.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A lot of churches already have them. Every Sunday is a carnival ride.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont understand this comment.

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    American's have this unique ability to make things fit into a nice plastic wrapped, pretty to look at package that is very digestable to the average consumer. Folks outside of america seem to have a very different approach to art and culture than americans. It is hard to pin-point. I dunno, just my take on things as someone who grew up outside of the US but spent a significant portion of my life in the US while being fortunate enough to have travelled to many parts of the world.

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

My opinion....TACKY. Like Tammy Faye.
    Like Liberace.
    Like Elton John.
    Like Marilyn Manson.
    Like Dolly Parton.
    Get my drift?

5. Sheila

Sheila Member

It is hard to answer this when I have never been or heard of this kind of park. I do believe if it is a place where they are trying to make a better atmospher to bring our children then I am all for it. I don't understand how christians can be against this and think it is wrong. Why would someone think it would be wrong to make a profit from their job? The park has to pay a salary and keep rides going and keep there own bills going at home. My work place has a christian atmospher and we make profit. My husband is a pastor but he is also a contractor and he has devotion time and plays gospel music all day at the construction site. He makes a profit. I just can't believe that this theme park would be doing it just for the money because I am sure that they could make a lot more money if they left the Lord out. Anything we do should be for God even when we are having fun. It seems like some people think it would be a boring park but some people think being a christian is boring. I never really knew what fun was until I became a christian. I believe a christian can go to any theme park and act like a christian. I just feel that we should help support the christians that are trying to make a difference and stop putting down what they are trying to do. We have enough worldly activities for our children. The world would be a better place if we had more christian based activities to enjoy. I just cant see any wrong or tacky in doing anything for the One, who has done everything, for us.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

7. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
    (Psa 16:11)

Say's it all, why seek anywhere else.

The church has it's head in the world.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why would anyone have a problem taking their kids to the Holy Land Experience?