1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christianity & Islam

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by popsthebuilder, Jul 23, 2015.

1. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Just read all the way to chapter three. It clearly said sons of God. I'd did say that the Jews said he was the messiah though.

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have also studied “both sides” (although as you continue you will find there are more than two sides to study). To answer your question, you must focus on division of civilization because it is essential to understanding Torah. You cannot understand the New Testament divorced from the Old Testament, and you can’t understand Torah until you understand the division created by God’s own revelation of Himself and His nature to the Hebrew people living in the heart of ANE thought and practice. This, in and of itself, is astounding.

If you want to honestly study Christianity and Islam, you need to study them on their own terms. There are distinct religions and merely looking for a common narrative to find how they can blend into one does justice to neither. What it seems you are doing is trying to come up with a “unity through true faith” which is able to “bring world peace and unbound societal advancement.” You will find that neither Islam nor Christianity has world peace and unbound societal advancement at its core. At its core, Islam focuses on man and man’s duty to Allah. Christianity focuses on God and His own glory. You seem to be seeking humanism, perhaps humanistic atheism would better suit your interest. But if you decide to learn of God and the redemptive history that spans from the Torah to the Book of Revelation, then there are many here that will help you explore Christianity.

I wish you the best in your search and study.

3. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Jon,

The starter of this thread would be a good candidate for the Bahai faith don't you think brother?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith_and_the_unity_of_religion

4. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

McCree79
    They don't deny Christ or that he is God and they don't say that God is the son of God. What kind of sense would that make? It clearly states that regardless of what some Christians say they are nonbelievers. It says he was the perfect messenger sent from God. The whole thing you just copied is a testament to Islam being brotherly to true believers of Christ. So I'm still not seeing how that makes them the antichrist or demonic. Do you have any better examples of Islam denying the purity of Christ?

#24 popsthebuilder, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  5. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Why don't you try reading the Old Testament. You know that book that was before the New Testament. And by the way. Do you really think that your version of the bible hasn't been adjusted towards the selfish desires of man, even if only in small increments. And please don't threaten me. I'm here to learn and teach. Not be belittled because of my lack of understanding. Let's all just keep cool and have a friendly discusion.Thanks again.

#25 popsthebuilder, Jul 23, 2015
  6. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know this was quoted already..."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made......And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John indicates Jesus was with God from the beginning.... He was God from the beginning.

"Sons of God"? What " sons" are you talking about?

7. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Trinity is hard to understand. 1 God, 3 divine persons. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

The Quran states Jesus was just a messenger. Just a prophet.

8. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me an example of Qur'an supporting the deity of Christ. That He is God.

9. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Muslims reject the trinity. "People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: ‘God is a Trinity.' Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. God is indeed just One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. God is sufficient for a guardian" (Quran 4:171).

Muslims do not believe Jesus is the son of God
    "Say: "God is Unique! God, the Source [of everything]. He has not fathered anyone nor was He fathered, and there is nothing comparable to Him!" (Quran 112:1-4).

The Quran also states:

"Such was Jesus, the son of Mary; it is a statement of truth, about which they vainly dispute. It is not befitting to the majesty of God, that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be' and it is" (Quran 19:34-35).

Conclusion, I advise all posters not to respond to this poster as he denies who Jesus is.
    "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" (2 John 1:9-11)

#29 BrotherJoseph, Jul 23, 2015
  10. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Thank you. I personally have a very close relationship with the Lord. I have been saved, and my burdens lifted. I have been shown how through all my years of disbelief the Lord was by my side. He showed me how even before my conception he had my life plotted out before me. I have strong Faith it was instilled by the Lord in my time of desperation. I ask only for God's guidance and proclaim my Faith in return. I have exceptional comprehension skills that afford very clear understanding of most ancient texts. Admittedly I am still learning and probably always will be. Thanks again.

11. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a false gospel. Faith saves, not works.
    Romans 10 and Ephesians 2

"9[†]because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

"8[†]For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing;it is the gift of God, 9[†] *not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

I was just warning you. The board will not tolerate promotion of Islam. I am perfectly calm. Not the one cussing here, now am I?

As far as the Bible being "tweaked".... I have copies of the variants in Greek text. I see how it has been translated. Modern English Bibles(most of them) and the KJV do a fantastic job.

*cleaned up scripture cut and paste. Left study note marks in the text.

#31 McCree79, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  12. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sura 5:72, which I already quoted says Christ was nothing more than a messenger of Allah. Just like the messengers before him.

13. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Old Testament has zero bearing on the new covenant. Even in the OT, works did not save. Romans for testifies to that. Faith saves then, faith saves now.

ROMANS 4 What then shall we say was gained by* Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? 2For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but*not before God. 3For what does the Scripture say? **“Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” 4Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5And to the one who does not work but believes in*[2] him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

14. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

15. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will add, since the Bibles historical accuracy has been attacked. The reason the Quran doesn't have the textual variants that the NT Greek has is due to Uthman. Uthman disturbed his version of the Quran and ordered all other Qur'anic materials burned. Including earlier sources of Qur'anic evidence. Hard to say what was in the early texts.

That is why NT Greek has more variants then the Quran. We never burned the Greek after the Vulgate was written. Or after the Textus Receptus. We kept the old manuscripts. The Muslims however did try to burn them all for us when they attacked the Eastern Christians.

16. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

John1:12

17. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yes...."children".... I didn't recognize from memory "sons". Being a child of God is much different than being the "Son of God". If you want to dive into the doctrine of the Trinity, I'm game. Let me know.

12[†]But to all who did receive him,*who believed in his name, *he gave the right *to become *children of God,

JOHN—NOTE ON 1:12–13 Receive him implies not merely intellectual agreement with some facts about Jesus but also welcoming and submitting to him in a personal relationship. “Believed in” (Gk. pisteuō eis) implies personal trust. His name refers to all that is true about him, and therefore the totality of his person. Born, not of blood*…*, but of God makes clear that neither physical birth nor ethnic descent nor human effort can make people children of God, but only God’s supernatural work (8:41–47; cf. 3:16). This extends the possibility of becoming God’s children to Gentiles and not just Jews (11:51–52; cf. 10:16). See also 3:3–8. To all*… who believed*… he gave the right indicates that saving faith precedes becoming members of God’s family through adoption as his children.

18. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

McCree79
    If the Old Testament doesn't mean anything then why is it part of your bible?

I didn't mean work like an individuals job. I meant good works through Faith like charity, spreading the word, truethful worship, lack of abundant sin, stuff like that.

19. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

I didn't attack anything. Just stated that the bible has been translated many times some of which it was manipulated to fit the wills of the powers that be for there own selfish, sinful wants. All men are good and evil so technically the Quaran could have been written in a manipulated way as well.

20. popsthebuilder

Site Supporter

Hey wow 10 minutes in and your version says some something that you think is completely different from me. In my version it clearly says "sons of God"

You don't see any problem with that? No misleading or manipulative translation or nothin huh?

Hey look one of those little crusafixes that denotes an addition or change to "help clarify"
    Good job being a sheeple.