1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Christianity," our state religion?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I actually think that the further our culture creeps into post-Christianity, the more opportunity there will be for the gospel to spread. The feeling that we were a Christian nation (as if there were such a thing apart from Christ's Kingdom) was a superficial and nominal assurance to begin with. There are more and more people who are actually opening up to the gospel.

Also, if we look throughout history, the gospel has always flourished under oppression. If some of you folks realized that, you'd drop the silly and futile political activism, give up on keeping gay marriage and abortion illegal, and start actually working to spread the gospel. Washington can do whatever they want, and it won't hinder God's work.

Only if you're pre-trib, which was never a predominant view until recently.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

>Bill, what do you think is the future of Christianity in America?

I think in another generation the LDS will be accepted as "Christian."

I think God has given up on North America and the next center of Christianity will be in South America.

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

What percentage of North Americans do you think are going to hell?