1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians and Nudity

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

The NET Bible has this commentary on the Gen 9 passage:
    Apparently, it seems in Gen. 9 that it is seeing someone naked without any respect for that person, so that you are not respectful of that person or embarrassed for them. I think the sense of the term, based on this, is that it is being naked immodestly or seeing others naked without any sense of respect and modesty.

So flaunting nakedness or looking at naked people when it's unnecessary and with no sense of their privacy is the sin.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I think those were the verses that my husband was referring to when he said our future kids shouldn't see us naked. I thought he mentioned Abraham, too, but it's too hot right now to look anything up.

I tell you what Victory, you worry about that, and I will worry about prayer and the ministry of the Word. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Apparently you're not TOO worried about prayer and the ministry of the Word if you're in here reading all the posts and responding to people who disagree with you. [​IMG] Oh, I get it. While you're typing, you're praying, "Lord, I just THANK you that I am not as one of these people in here who worry about these things". :D

Personally, when I see a thread that's not worth "worrying about" or responding to, I just back out and leave it to everyone else to answer...and believe me, there are MANY threads I don't respond to (no one has the time to read my lengthy posts, anyway...LOL!). We all have our interests in certain subjects. Just because we ponder on certain questions doesn't necessarily mean we're chewing our nails worring about them.

I happen to think this was an interesting question.

2. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

Seriously, Emerald? Wow! It's hard for me to see how it's possible to deliver a child under those conditions.

So, women basically die of disease and cancer instead of getting the help they need?

3. atestring

atestring New Member

Your Pastor is 100% right.
    By the way didn't peter get NEEEECCCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!?