1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Christians don't sin'

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yea!
    But Christians are sinners, or are not Christians, because Christ is Saviour of NOBODY but sinners! Until the last day.

2. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Unfortunately Christians do still sin after they have saved. Their souls have been saved, not their bodies. I know I sin on a daily basis, like everyone else, that's why the Apostle Paul called himself the chief of sinners and stated that the flesh constantly wars against the spirit. We will only stop sinning when we receive our resurrected bodies. That's good news! Because I can't wait!! If I had my way I'd be raptured off to be with Him in an instant! I just love the idea that lions and tigers and carnivores will eat grass like sheep and that children will be able to play with snakes and not be harmed (during the Millennium), but most of all, I'd like to see my Creator and Saviour - I can't imagine how awesome that would be! Wow! I often think of it and it gives me great joy.

Our sin however shows how great God's mercy, love & compassion and how powerful His saving grace is. However, it's not to say that one must sin intentionally to show God's saving grace because one will be disciplined for the fool one is, if one has this kind of mindset.

We are mere sinners, saved by Grace, and it's in that, that we should boast.

I find that most pentecostals cannot accept the fact that they still sin after being saved (or their version of being saved), that's why they get into the unbiblical realm of spiritual warfare and blame each sin on the doings of a demon - from what I can see - they expect the total man to be free of sin, and that's totally impossible. They also base this on the unbiblical concept of "generational curses" for believers (those that love God), but generaltional curses only apply to those who reject Him.

#2 Goldie, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I was interested in what kind of sins you commit Goldie. Do you commit murder, adultery, stealing, worship other Gods, covet your neighbors husband, etc.
    I would really like to know, see I am not penecostal but do not believe in Christians committing the sins listed that will not inherit the Kingdom of God. I do believe we sin, as you say, the outward man is waiting on his deliverance, but the Lord said for your temptation, I will make a way for your escape.

BBob,

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Agree very much with the opening two posts. We do commit sins, even if we don't commit the main sins listed in the Ten Commandments. Not sure what to say about the third post.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Actually, all of us commit those sins in the 10 commandments. Thats one of the primary points of Christs "Sermon on the Mount" teachings.

Just like today, there were people back then who were so decieved as to think they were actually "rightious" and were keeping the 10 commandments. Jesus had to kill that idea...in order get people to discard their self sufficiency and pride and see that all they can do is plead for mercy.

So, to do that He told those who thought they were keeping the commandment forbidding adultry that lust in their heart makes you guilty of commiting adultery

Having inordinant anger towards someone makes you guilty of murder.

He went on to say things like "Dont ever turn from anyone in need" That condemns us every time we pass a hitch hiker along the road.

He said if someone takes your sandles, give him your cloak as well.

BAM! Condemned again.

We may outwardly keep some standards of behavior, but we all fail in others...even if its in our heart, or in our attitudes or motivations. But as far as Christ is concerned, if its in our heart, its the same as if we did it outwardly.

Until someone understands their complete depravity, they will never turn to Christ through faith alone.

Until christians understand their "missing the mark" as christians, they will never turn to Christ for the power to live a new life...CHRISTS life, flowing in and through us.

:godisgood:

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Never ceases to amaze me.

Romans 1:
    29: Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31: Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Just a few, but answer the following please.

1Jo 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Hbr 10:26¶For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

BBob,

#6 Brother Bob, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  7. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I can agree with this, see... I have a problem with some Christians trying to justify themselfs like they are all holy and stuff, like they never sin. I will use myself as an example.

I take time daily to praise God and simply speak with him, you know building my relationship with Christ. There are things that God reveals to me on a daily or weekly basis that I never knew was bad until he revealed it to me.... inmediately... I start working in that area of my life and ask God to help me overcome that bad habbit that leads to sin.

The problem many have is that they say that what they do are simply little sins and stuff, thats a lie.... Sin is Sin... Christ died to pay the price for our sins. I am so thankful for that... that still doesnt make me go out and sin like crazy... contrary, everytime I am about to do something incorrect the Holy Spirit corrects me a.s.a.p. I try to die every single day to the flesh and try to sin less and less every single day.

If anyone on this board says he doesnt sin, he or she needs to check themselves, and stop trying to justify their weakneses, we are strong in the lord. We can do all things with Christ who strengthens us.

If any Christians has an area in which he or she is weak at and it causes them to sin, then all you have to do is ask Jesus to help you with this. Ask God to tell you what you are doing incorrect and help you overcome that temptation or addiction or bad temper or gossiping mouth or lying mouth or those eyes who look at othe women in a perverted way ext......

We all fall short from the Glory of God, some people dont want to admit it...... See, God is like our Father, he is our Father... what would you do to your kids when they make mistakes.... just because they are your kids, that doesnt mean they dont make mistakes. As a just Father that God is, he will dicipline you, pick you up, clean you and get you back on track if you ask him.

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Bob, I know the question wasnt for me, but in those verses..... are you trying to say that you dont sin or have ever sinned after accepting Jesus as your personal saviour?

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I truly am saying that I do not commit those things I listed, that would cause me to miss Heaven. If you are, then that you.

First you said all sin are the same, Jesus says different:

Jhn 19:11Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

I do not know anyone who says they do not sin. I sin, I don't know how often, but I do sin, but I do not commit adultery, kill, steal, worship idol Gods, dishonor my father and mother, covet my neighbor's wife, etc. If you do, that is you, not me.

I am a Christian, which means to be Christlike. When you look and see a bunch of drunks, you won't see me with them drunk. When you see a gang beating up on an old lady, you won't see me there. I am not of the world. I am in the world, but was chosen out of it. I only speak for myself. Others may do as they like, but there will come a reackoning day, of which we all will give an account. Scripture says all liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire, but there are those on here that say we all lie. If that is true, then no one is saved.
    Jesus said "I will never leave you", do you believe Him or not??

BBob,

10. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Brother Bob,

So...I can assume that you are saying you never sin any more since you became a christian? Is that the case?

Yes or no?

And you have never commited sin since you have been a christian?

Yes or no?

:godisgood:

11. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Bob,

I applaud you for your dedication to the Lord.:applause:

That is awesome.... I thought you were saying you never sin! Hey, I also want to continue to be Christlike, every single day!

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

God bless you TaliOrlando and I applaud you also. continue on to the prize of the mark of the high calling. Serving God is my life.

BBob,

13. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Bob, you are sounding eerily familiar to something I read once.

Matthew 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

BBob,

HP: Let me set your mind at ease TrustitL. The one you must be referring to in the verse was NOT a Christian, and was in self-conceit. The other was also not a believer but had the right heart to become one. Make no mistake, the publican was not claiming to be born again in his sinful condition, although he indeed was on the right road to becoming a Christian.

Neither case in this Scripture paints a picture of Brother Bob, a man of God for many years. Brother Bob is simply a sensible believer that knows intuitively that something is wrong with the sinning religion some on this list have cast their lot in favor of.

Preach on Brother Bob:thumbs:

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes................... just not willfully

The only argument you all have is to say that I am saying I do not sin, which I never have said. You all change it to that though to get others to join you. YOu are just walking blindly, and telling false, when you accuse me of something I did not say.

1Jo 2:4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

What about you???

BBob,

#15 Brother Bob, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Teach the whole lesson Bro Bob including the Biblcal definition of sin...

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

My question to all is how can I preach righteousness if I am not righteous? It's not my righteousness, it is His son's righteousness that makes me righteous. How can I preach against sin to you if I go out and sin? Does the word hypocrite sound familiar? The problem is we come up with our own definition of what sin is then turn around and claim Gods people are guilty.

For those of you who still sin, are you continually crucifying Christ? Hasn't He died enough for our sin's?

17. Joe

Joe New Member

1Jo 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him

When asked, Jesus explained below what to do to inherit eternal life which means to follow certain commandments

Mt 19:16-19 "And behold, one came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?" And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." He *said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thank you Sir, and well said.

BBob,

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: An astute observation indeed:thumbs:

20. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I have no doubt that BB is not hanging out with drunks. He may never lie, steal, cheat, etc. Also, I am not saying that BB has the same mindset as the Pharisee, but rather that he is sounding that way.

I share his and your concern with the lack of holiness among those that claim to be believers. I just don't agree with some of the rhetoric or theology that is a reaction to the aforementioned hypocrites.

For example, a believer can lie. A believer can dishonor his parents. BB is not merely "a sensible believer that knows intuitively that something is wrong with the sinning religion some on this list have cast their lot in favor of". I say he is overreacting to their deception and coming up with another poor understanding of the gospel.

And by the way, my mind is fully at ease. :love2:

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee" Isaiah 26:3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.