1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Christians don't sin'

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother you need to stop bearing false witness against thy neighbour and ecspecially against your brothers and sisters in Christ. I haven't seen anybody on this board suggest a believer can commit sin, any sin, and believe nothing would ever happen because it is covered by the blood of Christ.

You bear false witness everytime you say anyone here believes a Christian can commit any sin without consequences.

You bear false witness everytime you say anyone here believes Christians live just like the lost, not having a care for righteousness because they feel they are covered by the blood.

You bear false witness everytime you say anyone here believes the cross is a "get out of jail free card".

Just because everybody here agrees against you alone that it is possible for a true born of God Christian to commit terrible sins such as adultery (your favorite no, no) does not mean everybody here believes Christians are no different than the lost. The lost have no care for the things of God and the saved are being transformed day by day through chasetisement by the Father through the convictions of the Holy Ghost.

Most Christians repent when confronted, some do not and are ill and even killed as a result.

If your position was correct, we wouldn't need 99% of the NT letters. All one would need is to believe on Jesus Christ and God would regenerate them and presto! a sinless being now walks the earth doing good will towards men because God has put everything in their minds and hearts they need.

No need for all those letters telling these sinless beings not to sin or what sin is. No need for teachers and preachers....you would have to find another work to do.... God's children wouldn't need any pastors.

God lead you to this board for a reason brother. Was it to teach us all here that Christians cannot sin? Or was it to teach you the error of your views? You are the only one here who believes the scriptures teach this doctrine you hold.

You know, if you are doing harm by this to God's flock He put you in charge of, God could remove you from the position. Something to think about. You are standing alone against the counsel of many fellow Christians. Your here on this board for a reason, I doubt it is to convince everybody Christians can't sin.

It is harmful to teach Christians they cannot sin. For as they commit sin they are forever doubting they have truly been saved having no sure hope in this world. There only hope is to walk the line and pray they make it in.

What you have taught them is relgion. They need to understand their relationship with God as Father and son.

:godisgood:

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Truth does hurt now doesn't it. When you say, all are against me. You mean, yourself, DHK, Marcia and possibly trusti. One of us is bearing false witness alright. All of you DO say a Christian can commit any of these sins and not lose their salvation. If you deny that you say that Christians can commit these sins, then you bear false witness again.

The truth does hurt.

You posted that those who sin a sin unto death, probably were not real brothers to start with. That is the position, that I have taken all along. Now, I don't know what you believe after others differed with you, you seem to waver then. One thing for sure, I do not waver. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    You were drifting in the "right" direction, then after realizing you would be agreeing with me and be in the minority, Also after others confronted you, then you seem to turn back with them. You said "all" were against me. At this particular, you were with me, so I was not completely alone, but you turned and I did not.

There are more on this board that agree with me than you know, they just don't want to debate people like you who, instead of debating, begin to attack personally the one you disagree with. That is a tatic of someone losing the argument.

You do seem to believe that all your sins are covered before you ever commit them, that is a "get out of jail free card", for no matter how bad you get, how many sins you commit, you can become a pedophiler, rapist, adulterist, murder, etc and you still will wear a crown of Glory, according to you. I just happen to not agree with that at all.
    Do you think Jesus was ever in the majority?? Yet He continued to teach, until He set their teeth on edge and they took His life. You need to consider seriously what I have said. You seem to start that way when you said a sin unto death, must not be a "true" brother, then you seem to become afraid to continue to stand, because you knew you would be standing with the minority.

All of this post is, IMO.
    These words of yours, are what you are condemning me for. IMO

BBob,:thumbs:

#62 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  3. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Brother Bob wrote:

"You do seem to believe that all your sins are covered before you ever commit them, that is a "get out of jail free card", for no matter how bad you get, how many sins you commit, you can become a pedophiler, rapist, adulterist, murder, etc and you still will wear a crown of Glory, according to you. I just happen to not agree with that at all."

Nobody here has said what you just wrote. What is being debated is your position that Christians don't sin as the title of this thread says. You have said that a Christian cannot lie. I don't know how you define lying, but I think it includes all forms of deception just like Jesus told us hating is the same as murder. Now, you may claim you have never used any form of deception as a believer (which I doubt), but Peter and Barnabas would not be able to make such a claim:

Galations 2:11 "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation."

Websters 1828 Dictionary
    DISSEMBLE, v.t. [L.]

1. To hide under a false appearance; to conceal; to disguise; to pretend that not to be which really is; as, I will not dissemble the truth; I cannot dissemble my real sentiments. [This is the proper sense of this word.]

2. To pretend that to be which is not; to make a false appearance of. This is the sense of simulate.

Your son Lucentio doth love my daughter, and she loveth him, or both dissemble deeply their affections.

DISSEMBLE, v.i. To be hypocritical; to assume a false appearance; to conceal the real fact, motives, intention or sentiments under some pretense.

Ye have stolen and dissembled also. Joshua 7.

He that hateth, dissembleth with his lips. Proverbs 26.

Also, you may jump back to the ten commandments, but you don't keep the Sabbath ( I say this risking drawing Bob Ryan in).

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

How you know I don't keep the Sabbath. We meet on Saturday and Sunday.

It is dangereous to use Webster to define scripture.

I also think you are stating before the Holy Ghost, but would have to go and look.
    To leave a situation, so as not to be involved in trouble, is not lying. Its just using your head.

Do you believe your sins are covered before you ever commit them??? I wasn't sure about you.

Are you now calling the Apostles liars after receiving the Holy Ghost also??

BBob,

#64 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2008
  5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think that Bbob is actually correct if he has made such claims. I know from recent experience here on this board - in the Politics forum - that there is at least one poster who believes he has a "get out of jail free" card. You do not see this often, but I have definitely seen it. If pressed, I can find a post which basically shows that the poster believes precisely this.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is no fault of mine if you cannot understand the simple teaching of the Bible.
    In relation to salvation God will never remember my sins.
    "There is no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."--none.
    He has put my sins behind his back (past, present and future) never to remember them again. If you don't believe that then you deny the atonement, and deny that the blood of Jesus was sufficient enough to cover my sins. Which side of the fence do you sit on? The Bible denying modernist, or the Bible-believing Christian?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Wonder why you pray over your sins????

Wonder why you say that sin unto death, is because of eating unworthily??

You can't even understand that you are talking both ways, they are forgotten forever, they are remember and bring physical death.,,,:laugh:

BBob,

#67 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2008
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

May I remind you Bob that any misrepresentation of what I have previously said is deceit, and a lie. You demonstrate your own sins by your lies on this board.

I deliberately said, in respect to salvation all sins are under the blood. God remembers them no more.
    I have clearly said in previous posts that when speaking of the sin unto death, it is addressed to the "brethren" only, and has nothing to do with salvation. So that is not only a red herring in this discussion, but a misrepresentation of what I said, in effect a lie.

The blood of Christ has covered all my sins: past, present and future, in respect to salvation. If you don't believe that then you don't believe in the atonement or in the sufficiency of the blood of Christ. It is as simple as that. You don't believe in the great truth of John 3:16 that Christ came to die for the sins of the world, including mine, and that he did indeed die for ALL my sins.
    When I trusted him as my Saviour he forgave them all. His blood was sufficient for all my sins, not just a part of them. That is what the atonement is all about.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, once again I been reminded and once again you are shown to be one who continues to post and continues to deny it. I do not think I mentioned Salvation. I think I said Christians.

BBob,

#69 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2008
  10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, quit denying the truth and making misrepresentations.
    I don't want to around in circles doing this, and it is frustrating when you try and justify your own mistakes instead of admitting them.

Look at my post--post #66. There is no mention of any "sin unto death." That is a red herring brought in by you to confuse the issue. I wasn't speaking about Christians. I was speaking directly about salvation, and nothing more. Why try and muddle the issue.

Here is the simple issue again:

The bolded part is what you need to give an answer to Bob.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Your denial is beyond belief DHK; I will not persue this particular post any farther at this time. For you to deny your own statement, when its staring you in the face, is just plain unbelievable.

BBob, :wavey:

#71 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2008
  12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bearing witness to every poster I have seen on this topic, I have yet to see a poster agree that a Christian cannot commit sin. If you have a poster that I missed, bring them forth.

Yes, we all DO say a Christian can commit sin (transgress the law).

You are bearing a false witness or did not take the time to read my post and are mistaking me. I never said that these "brothers" were "probably" not Christians to begin with. Even if I would have said "probably" is not a set position, is it? I said from the beginning of that thread that I did not hold any set position. All of my post were in question format as I try to work through the possibilities. For you to stick my ponderings as set positions that waver is bearing a false witness against me.

As you can see, you boldened out one paragraph and ran with it instaed of taking the full context of what I had said. I concluded my thoughts in this post above with questions indicating that I was still unsure.

Again, another misrepresentation. The ONLY thing I said this board was against you on was your position that Christians cannot sin. (transgress the law).

I am sure everyone agrees with you on Jesus being the Son of God. Stay on points and all this bearing false witness sin will go away.

Quote the post were I attacked you personally. And bring forth posters who believe Christians cannot sin (transgress the law).

Or appologize once again for bearing false witness.

Is this your loop hole for bearing false witness to the board? Just say it is your "opinion". God judges the heart.

Once again, do you see the question marks?? What is it with you and the inability to discern a persons thoughts through the English grammer? I don't get, either it is on purpose and is deciet, or you just need to slow down and properly discern a posters comments.

13. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

We are not under THE LAW!

When Jesus died for our sins, he died for our past, present and FUTURE sins.
    If we ask the Lord for forgiveness he will forgive us.
    The 10 Commandments are under "The Law" The Jewish people were under The Law, not the Gentiles. Once Jesus died for our sins with his Blood we are no longer under "The Law" That is why even today the some Jewish people still think under The Law. It was impossible, I repeat IMPOSSIBLE to keep the Law 100%, except for one Jewish Rabbi and his name was Jesus the Christ.
    I thank God daily for sending his only Son to die on the cross for my sins.

Amen!
    Hawg

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your misrepresentations of the facts are unbelievable. Steaver points out the same thing. You go on and on about posts concerning "sin unto death," when in fact in #66 I said nothing of the sort. Why do you answer with something that has nothing to do with the subject. I will give it to you a third time. See if you can get it right this time:

POST #66
    Can you answer this post for me Bob.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, but in many posts, you did say it.

BBob,

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Why ask for forgiveness if its already forgiven, that don't make no sense at all.

BBob

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

How many ways did you say it anyway? I don't see a ? mark in this one.

If I say something, I will stand until the "cows" come home. But that me!!

BBob, :thumbsup:

#77 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2008
  18. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG]

Therefore -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There they are. They didn't get out on me, after all.

[​IMG]

Except for that one on this side of the fence. {Wink!} {Laugh!}

Ed

#78 EdSutton, Aug 20, 2008
  19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They used to hang cow theives............:thumbsup:

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Anyone who makes a statement that BBob said that Christians do not sin, is telling a falsehood, and should stop.

BBob,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.