1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Christians don't sin'

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did you read it? Peter dissembled and the Jews joined him. Now go look up dissemble in your Strongs. It is #4942.

Did Peter dissemble? Or are you going to correct the original Greek now?

Still waiting for an answer.

:thumbs:

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry!

Le can answer...:wavey:

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is no answer to praying because of sin, when they were never to be remembered against you anymore. It seems kinda of messed up to be asking God for forgiveness for a sin, that He don't remember against you, don't you think? Why do you do it?

BBob,

#103 Brother Bob, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Peter had to be convinced by God that the Gentiles had a right to the tree of life. He would not accept them until God converted him.

You can call the Apostles hypocrits all you want, as for me I will respect them as the Apostles of the Lord.

You go for it!!!

Job 27:8For what [is] the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

So, this is the Apostles???

BBob,

#104 Brother Bob, Aug 21, 2008
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This statement, Bob, is nothing more than a works based salvation.
    The correct statement is: "According to Jesus, for you to receive the atonement you must believe on what Christ did, and nothing more.
    Just believe and allow the Holy Spirit to change your life.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is there a reason you are reluctant to answer this post Bob. For your reference this is post #66. No need to get involved with other posts, just this one.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I believe, I just do not believe your future sins are "sins unto death". You are kept by the power of God. Jesus said "go and sin no more". Why do you refuse the commandment of the Lord, "go and sin no more"? You do not accept this part at all.

Is there something that makes you any different than any person that has ever been born. Christ died for "all" sin, but there is more to it than that, "you must believe" for your sins to be removed, or you die in your sins and go to Hell. Understand?

Don't blame you for wanting to leave off the other post and start "cherry picking".

BBob,

#107 Brother Bob, Aug 21, 2008
  8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think I am misunderstanding your statement here. Are you saying Peter, while being an apostle for Christ, was not yet converted (born again) at the time of this event?

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This should be easy to understand, I am not going to be guilty of calling the Apostles "hypocrites".

The days of the Apostles was a time of conversion from the Law to the Grace. I think God's Apostles did a fantastic job. Better than I could do.

You go for it.

BBob,

#109 Brother Bob, Aug 21, 2008
  10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I gave my position on "I will remember their sins no more" in another thread I believe. I can look it up later if you need. My sins are covered by the blood of Christ, past, present and future. I pray and ask God to forgive me my sins (most daily) because I know I sin daily, God can see my sins, nothing is hid from His eyes, He asked me to, it keeps me in a right relationship with Him and it keeps me humble knowing I would be lost to hell if He would not have made the sacrifice. Praise Him!

:godisgood:

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Neither do I. But I don't know the future. Only God does. And whatever sin I commit God will forgive. For that matter, I don't believe you know what "a sin unto death" is. You are not even able to give a proper definition of one. You can't differentiate between what is and what isn't. You are not able to definitely describe a "sin unto death" to the people of this board. Furthermore, even if you were, you would be putting yourself in the place of God, for only He can decide who sins a sin unto death, correct?
    Yes, every believer is. That is what makes your theology unbiblical. However, if we are kept by the power of God, that means our salvation is kept by the power of God. Nowhere in the Bible does it ever suggest that God will keep us from sinning. It does not teach us that. That is a false teaching.
    Have I ever said anything different Bob? Believe in what Christ has done for you, and all your sins will be forgiven: past, present, and future; for the blood of Christ covers them all. That is the essence of the atonement. His blood is sufficient to forgive them all. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. (And all your sins---past, present, and future) will be forgiven. I have never said anything different.
    Can't be everywhere all the time, Bob.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1Cr 16:8But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

Many scholars believe that Galatians was written before 1 Corth. I do not know personally. Wasn't there.

Don't you find it a little bit strange to have to pray for sins, that have been cast into a sea of forgetfulness, never never never to be remembered against you no more, but yet you have to pray every day because of sin?? Just don't make sense now, does it.

BBob

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Christ died for "all" sin, not just yours and mine. So, what makes you any different than any unsaved or saved person in the world that has or ever will be??

BBob,

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let's get it clear. James addresses "brothers." Brothers" are Christians. If you see a "brother" sin a sin unto death... The passage is directed at Christians. I never said anything differently.

In post #66, which I have repeatedly quoted to you, there is no mention of "sin unto death." So why do you keep bringing it up. Post #66 is a post that has to do with salvation, the atonement, and a person coming to Christ. Thus this subject is a red herring brought into the conversation by you. In this way you misrepresent facts. You confuse the issue.

That sin was not remembered as far as their salvation was concerned. What evidence is there that they were unbelievers, and went to Hell? None. They died, and went to be with the Lord. The judgement was one unto death. They didn't lose their salvation. The sin wasn't remembered as far as salvation was concerned. It was sealed and judicially put away never to be used against them again. For they are not condemned and cannot be. They have eternal life, no matter what happens.

There is no atonement if God remembers sin again.
    There is no forgiveness if God remembers sin again.
    The blood of Christ is not sufficient to pay for our sins if God remembers our sin.
    If God keeps remembering our sins then salvation is by works and not according to grace.
    Christ died for the sins of the whole world (John 3:16)
    He was a propitiation for the sins of the whole world (1John 2:2)
    Anyone who believes in the above two facts will have all their sins forgiven: past present and future, because of the promises of Christ, and Christ is not a liar.

#114 DHK, Aug 21, 2008
  15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What makes you think that I said anything even remotely similar to that. Sounds like another false accusation. I am in the same boat as everyone else. I once was lost, but now am saved; was blind but now I see.
    I now see that all my sins: past, present, and future are covered by the blood of the lamb, and that I am on my way to heaven.

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Not talking about Christ making false statements.

You say, if the sin is remembered, then they are lost, for there is no atonement. Yet you say, if they eat the bread unworthily, Christ will send an early death unto them. Well that would be "remembering".

I also, can show you where you posted a man could die, on top of his neighbors wife in adultery, and still go to heaven. If you had not made such ridiculous statements, I might not have takes such a strong stance against you and your theology.

BBob,

#116 Brother Bob, Aug 21, 2008
  17. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I wasn't the one who wrote Galatians. Can you be man enough and tell me what "dissembling" is?

Like I just said, Paul was the one who said Peter was "dissembling" (being hypocritical).

What about "getting out of jail free" is it you don't like. Sounds like you didn't get your salvation free. But then again, you are the one who keeps saying we are saved by believing and not sinning.

He's already paid it all. Remember, the once for all things?

Why do you think I tell people they can just go on sinning without consequence? Do you think going to hell is the only consequence for sin?

Sorry Bob but that is pretty weak.

No Bob, because I have no interest in hearing the preaching in "YOUR" churches. It is the fact that this preaching is out there that I am trying to inform those being led astray by such heresy. It may sound good to say that believers won't sin willingly, but your false teaching is getting people confused because they know that their sins are done "willingly". They are either going to think they are not saved and give up or assume that their sins are actually not sins because they will know that they did them willingly and you just told them Christians don't sin willingly.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

And your teaching is causing pedophilers, adulterers, murderers and as some on here have said, everykind of sinner known unto mankind, Christian are. I see Your kind of churches all the time on TV, some saying and crying "Father forgive me I have sinned" and get a standing ovation. He was guilty of adultery, after taking millions from old sick people in tithes.

What if a man dies on top of his neighbors wife in the act of adultery, is he saved??? He don't have no time for any kind of punishment.

BBob,

19. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Bob,

Your accusations are beyond weak.

Be man enough and answer the simple question:

What is dissembling?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's over brother, you have done run out of spins.

One is only a hypocrite while one is engaging in hypocrisy. Same for adultery. Peter repented and I would not call him a hypocrite, however he did commit the sin of hypocrisy and this negates your doctrine of Christians cannot break God's commandments.

I believe God has brought you here to learn this truth. Now that you have seen from the scriptures that you have been preaching this error it is time for you to repent. You may chose not to, but know this, everytime you preach this doctrine again from here on out you are in essence lying because you now know better.

Preach as the apostles preached brother. To stay close to God and far away from the consequences that sin can bring for you have a High Preist sitting at the right hand of the Father who has paid a hefty price for those sins.

God Bless! :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.