1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians Duel Citizenship Responsibilities

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by E. K. Smith, Jun 28, 2004.

1. E. K. Smith

E. K. Smith New Member

The Christians Duel Citizenship Responsibilities

[​IMG] I will tell you a little about myself before post details. God has used me to make a difference in people’s lives for a number of years on the internet message boards. Many have sent e-mails telling what God meant to them through my posts. I have never been one with an interest in political involvement. Dr. Stanley’s message Sunday convicted me that every Christian citizen has a responsibility to speak out against evil. I can do nothing on the political side, the legal side, etc. I can warn Christians, through the internet, to not take their freedoms for granted. I can urge Christians to vote for God’s choice instead of the candidate that might better fill their pocketbooks. I can show from scripture how sin destroys nations and how God honors nations whose people that claim Him walk the talk.
    Eighty five % of the citizens of this nation claim to be Christian yet we cannot really claim to be a Christian nation. This generation of Christians has been almost silent to divorce for any reason, sex before marriage, homosexuality, abortion, and the character of the candidates running for office. Parents have not insisted on modest apparel for their teens and have allowed them more freedom then they were ready to handle in a Christian manner. Adults have not been close to the honesty in their business dealings according to the principles of scripture taught from God’s Word. Busy lifestyles have crowded out time for prayer and Bible study.
    Government cannot change our nation. Only God can prevent government and the courts from taking away our religious freedoms and declaring right what the Bible calls sin through the laws passed. God will intervene if the Christians of America start walking the talk, pray, study, and obey His word. Christians must not continue their lukewarm life styles. God’s judgment will come on this nation if we do.
    Serving God always requires sacrifice and adjusting our lives to the Ministry He wishes to do through us. I need help. I want to post the most compelling message possible on many message boards. I need Christians who love God to critique several posts. This includes the web masters and other personnel. I have the gift of prophecy. I need help from those with the gifts of teaching, organization, and exhortation. Exhorters are skilled in persuading people to take action. If any of you would like to give me a post on this general topic for other boards with your user name, I will gladly make those posts for you. I will not accept any not true to scripture. Do I have your prayers, help and support? Post your replies.
    P.S. I wish to mention in further posts I need your help on the scriptures where God disciplined nations for their sins and preserved those who turned away from their sins.

2. E. K. Smith

E. K. Smith New Member

SIN DESTROYS NATIONS
    Sin does indeed destroy nations. God eventually allowed Israel to be taken into captivity due to its sins. After the crucifixion, God allowed the Roman Titus to destroy Jerusalem. This time, Israel did not again become a nation till around 1948. The fall of the Roman Empire is said to have occurred due to the decadent society it became. Sin was the reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Pompeii, a city of history destroyed by a volcano, very much like Sodom and Gomorrah, had similar decadence.
    I now give you several list of sins from scripture. 1Ti 1:9 as knowing this, that law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and unruly, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
    1Ti 1:10 for fornicators, for abusers of themselves with men, for menstealers, for liars, for false swearers, and if there be any other thing contrary to the sound doctrine;
    Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,
    Gal 5:21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
    Exo 20:2 I am Jehovah thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
    Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
    Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me,
    Exo 20:6 and showing lovingkindness unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
    Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of Jehovah thy God in vain; for Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
    Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work;
    Exo 20:10 but the seventh day is a sabbath unto Jehovah thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    Exo 20:11 for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore Jehovah blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
    Exo 20:12 Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long in the land which Jehovah thy God giveth thee.
    Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
    Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
    Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
    Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's. I post this one singular sin scripture which gives a direct description of the sin and that it is an abomination. Websters dictionary on abomination-loathsome, discusting, nasty, very bad, highly unpleasant. Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
    The following is one of many scriptures which describes how God brings judgment on sinful nations. Notice how God uses nature and other nations for this. If you make a practice of any of these sins, you are contributing to the eventual downfall of America. If God would judge His chosen people, He most certainly will other nations. Which of these catastrophes have been more abundant during the last fifteen years. Depend on Jesus to give you power to resist sins temptations now!
    Lev 26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
    Lev 26:15 and if ye shall reject my statutes, and if your soul abhor mine ordinances, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but break my covenant;
    Lev 26:16 I also will do this unto you: I will appoint terror over you, even consumption and fever, that shall consume the eyes, and make the soul to pine away; and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
    Lev 26:17 And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be smitten before your enemies: they that hate you shall rule over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.
    Lev 26:18 And if ye will not yet for these things hearken unto me, then I will chastise you seven times more for your sins.
    Lev 26:19 And I will break the pride of your power: and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass;
    Lev 26:20 and your strength shall be spent in vain; for your land shall not yield its increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruit. Other biblical lists include, floods, hail, famines, disease, wind, earthquakes, etc.
    "No man is an island unto himself. Everyone is a part of the main." (John Donne) Your sin does have a negative influence on others.

3. E. K. Smith

E. K. Smith New Member

Note the rewards for righteous living and the results of sin in this biblical chapter. Isa 1:1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
    Isa 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for Jehovah hath spoken: I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
    Isa 1:3 The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib; but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.
    Isa 1:4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evil-doers, children that deal corruptly! they have forsaken Jehovah, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are estranged and gone backward.
    Isa 1:5 Why will ye be still stricken, that ye revolt more and more? the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
    Isa 1:6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and fresh stripes: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with oil.
    Isa 1:7 Your country is desolate; your cities are burned with fire; your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
    Isa 1:8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a booth in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
    Isa 1:9 Except Jehovah of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
    Isa 1:10 Hear the word of Jehovah, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
    Isa 1:11 What unto me is the multitude of your sacrifices? saith Jehovah: I have had enough of the burnt-offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he-goats.
    Isa 1:12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to trample my courts?
    Isa 1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; new moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies,- I cannot away with iniquity and the solemn meeting.
    Isa 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth; they are a trouble unto me; I am weary of bearing them.
    Isa 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
    Isa 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
    Isa 1:17 learn to do well; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
    Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith Jehovah: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
    Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
    Isa 1:20 but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword; for the mouth of Jehovah hath spoken it.
    Isa 1:21 How is the faithful city become a harlot! she that was full of justice! righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers.
    Isa 1:22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water.
    Isa 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves; every one loveth bribes, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
    Isa 1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, Jehovah of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies;
    Isa 1:25 and I will turn my hand upon thee, and thoroughly purge away thy dross, and will take away all thy tin;
    Isa 1:26 and I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called The city of righteousness, a faithful town.
    Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with justice, and her converts with righteousness.
    Isa 1:28 But the destruction of transgressors and sinners shall be together, and they that forsake Jehovah shall be consumed.
    Isa 1:29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
    Isa 1:30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.
    Isa 1:31 And the strong shall be as tow, and his work as a spark; and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.