1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians resisting God?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't think all governments come from rebellion. In fact, that is not a fact. Many leaders succeed previous leaders. Some governments are formed peacefully. Even when they come from rebellion, that is a result of sin. It does not make it okay.

I still don't think you get my point - God is behind the power of all rulers and governments but that does not mean they are from God or are godly. I don't know how to say it more clearly than that, and that is what I've been saying all along.

I do not think God incited the colonists to rebel - God allowed it and worked through it for his own purposes. That does not mean the rebellion was good. In fact, violent overthrow of rulers goes against Rom 13 so it is not good.

The cases we know of where God commanded men to kill is not a valid analogy. For one thing, we know God commanded this because it's in the Bible. We have no evidence God commanded the colonists to rebel. Secondly, God used men as a tool of punishment and judgment on the pagan nations; this is recorded so we know that is true. We have no such statement for anything like this after the OT.

I think we cannot agree because it seems you think God is the first cause of every action (that He directly causes people to do everything, including sin), which I strongly disagree with.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Cause verses Allows. Sounds like a good topic. I'll start a thread on it.

:jesus: