1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christians thrown overboard left to drown by Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Would you say all Islam is a cult?

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well here is the first definition I found.

a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous

a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much

a small group of very devoted supporters or fans

I would say no I guess. Islam isn't particularly a small group or following and it looks like the second sentence is more of a description of something like a cult film perhaps?

I have simply found Islam to be a religion that strays far away from what I believe as a Southern Baptist.

Where are we going with this if I may ask?

3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Thats the point....its a cult....a false religious cult. Big or small does not matter....but my Point is Obama is afraid to call it what it is but so brave to talk smack about the true followers....Christians!

#23 Jedi Knight, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait, what are we talking about now? I think you are confusing my reluctance with labeling an entire culture violent terrorists as some sort of endorsement of Islam. That is not the case I assure you. You want to call it a cult, that's fine. You asked me what I thought so I looked at a definition and applied what I knew about the religion.

5. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Time,do you not see the double standard this President makes? Does he call out Christians?

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm afraid I do not.

7. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

ok do you say a moderate Islam and a violent Islamist are both Islam? And no I do not think YOU are an endorsement of Islam!

#27 Jedi Knight, Apr 22, 2015
  8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I think I see where you are going. I'll type this and check back in the morning. My wife just spent the last four hours in the ER with my oldest daughter and I'm waiting for them to get back so I can go to bed.

There is a tendency in this world and a stereotype that the Islamic countries and people of Arabic decent are nothing but a bunch of Jihadists. My experience tells me otherwise. In fact if you think you hate the insurgent cells that have popped up since regime change, you should see the responses you get while on patrol. These people have to live in these war torn countries and their hatred for these cells is more than any American could possibly realize. We were finally able to drive out JAM (Jaish al Mahdi) a Shia insurgent group out of a small town in our battlespace and the town flourished for a good while. When a JAM recruiter tried to show up again he was shot on sight. These people were not about to give their town back.

Going back to what I said earlier, it is important that you realize that our operations are COOPERATIVE with the local nationals that we must intermingle with on a daily basis. I think Obama obviously understands this and is refusing to use inflammatory comments that could serve to hinder our relationships with these countries while we have US forces inside them. This kind of thing is common knowledge to Soldiers as they are trained on the culture to avoid souring our working relationship.

Let me get going. I have to make mac and cheese for a sick 8 year old who just had a pretty crummy birthday.

Thanks for the polite discourse. I'm trying to earn back the daisy label from you. Hopefully I made some headway tonight.

#28 Use of Time, Apr 22, 2015
  9. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I was teasing you!:smilewinkgrin: And yes thank you too!

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No worries.

But always remember. Star Trek > Star Wars. :tongue3:

11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

The rivalry lives on!

12. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The president is one person. The statement in question was opining a single person's actions in a hypothetical situation based on that individual's previous actions in similar situations. Your statements are generalizing a whole group of people, based on the actions of a few, which, ironically is what you cry against in the other direction.

13. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The real question is, "Is Kirk >\= Picard?"

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Are you implying liberals think?

15. OldRegular

Obama has already characterized all Christians based on the actions of the Crusaders a thousand years or so ago! The Westboro Baptists haven't taken a single life that I have heard about!

16. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Please provide the quote/source where he does this (characterizes all Christians).

17. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama criticizes Christianity at every turn. He never mentions all the martyrs who have died at the hands of Muslims in the Middle East but is always talking about Christian high horses.

Obama is applying for the job of Caliph.

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My problem with Kirk stems from one episode. It's the one where they go to this isolated planet to find some sort of drug they need to cure some rampaging virus on the ship. So Kirk and McCoy find the planet inhabited by an immortal guy and his android wife. Kirk finally gets the guy to agree to provide the drug and then jeopardizes it all by trying to woo the guys mate away from him. I was waiting for McCoy to be like "Uh Jim, we have people dying on the ship right now who really need this medicine, maybe you could curb your libido just this once."

19. OldRegular

I am sure you are aware of these remarks but:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...15a240-ad50-11e4-ad71-7b9eba0f87d6_story.html

Then there is this!

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are missing the point. It's obvious that he is simply ignorant of the Christian faith in some respects but the constant theme in all of these is his understanding that we live in a melting pot culture and he is not going to be seen as taking sides. That's it. You are taking his avoidance of siding with and creating policy that only caters to the Christian faith as attacking Christians. That's it.