1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians Who Complain

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Mar 24, 2008.

1. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whining about people's actions on an internet board is complaining.

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It's human nature to complain, just like your complaint is human nature. Just some people are more human than others. That's the reason for Philipians 4:8, to help us overcome the natural man.:godisgood:

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Bible is public information too. Our obedience and disobedience is public knowledge too. Those who do not follow Christ and claim to be Christians should be warned and encouraged to do what is right.

I see no evidence in scripture where those who complained about the world's actions ever won anyone to Christ. Even Jesus never complained and condemned the world. However he did condemn theself righteous. He came to save the world. Should we not also be here to lead the world to Christ rather than condemn them. It takes tremendous wisdom to that but little to complain about them.

My discussion reminds me of the time when I was a student and some religious folks started speaking words of condemnation to the lstudents who were present. At the same time quite a number of Christians had planned to share their faith one by one with the students who were always there at that time. When the condemners started speaking the students began to leave. Satan used the condemners. Those who were sharing their faith in a quiet manner found plenty to talk with. Most left the condemners.

Jn 3:17, "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."

If anyone could condemn the world it was Jesus. So who are we to such a thing?

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is the risk one takes when he exposes another doing wrong. I am not interested in being politically correct but rather being christlike in my words and deeds. Christ was crucified for his actions and words.

When one looks at what is going on in so many denominations in regards to church discipline and watering down the gospel they are not much different than a standard of nothingness.

I pastored an SBC church that had a practice for over 25 years of inviting the Mormon bishop to come and teach. What was really starnge was that many in thge SBC knew about it. How isa that standard any different than what you write about?

Isn't it about time the church discipline itself before it complains about the world. When the church does not discipline itself and complain about the ways of the world they are not any better than worldliness and bring condemnation upon themselves.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And...?

More vagueness. Exactly what are you talking about?

What does that have to do with anything I write about? What nut job church would do such a thing? And since SBC churches are autonomous I suppose the other churches minded their own business.

[quote[Isn't it about time the church discipline itself before it complains about the world. When the church does not discipline itself and complain about the ways of the world they are not any better than worldliness and bring condemnation upon themselves.[/quote]

Two separate issues. But I ccertainly believe church discipline is ignored. Largely because so much of the "church" is lost.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What makes you think the complainers are Christians and are not just religious folks making noise? Where are the disciples they have made?

What makes you think they do not qualify as those in Mt. 7:20-23 "So then, you will know them by their fruits. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'

The world listens to the false teachers on TV. I wonder how many of those who complain about the world have taken a stance against the TV preachers who are false teachers. I know of one that does and some have been removed.

I agree

Shouldn't the complaints and criticism begin with the church instead of the world though? The world looks at the church as an example. If the church does not discipline its own what kind of a message does that send to the world? I expect the world to act worldly but not the church I attend.

Most of the things you suggest are clear cut in the Bible. If those happen in the church you can bet I will be more than just vocal.

Some have been silenced already. I expect some more will be too.

You have such a passive, hopeless attitude against the TV preachers. Is God able to turn the hand of the king or not?

There is a time to speak out and a time to be silent. Wisdom knows the diference. I would assume the Christians under communism would know that best. They did not have the freedom to speak out but you can be sure they won people to Christ and made disciples.

I am not so concerned about what the world does but the condition of the church. If one wants to change the world then make disciples not just complain.

I wonder how many complainers about the world truly believe God in his word where it is written, "If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

There was a time when a young man I met complained about how few Christians were in the dorm where he lived. I told him we could pray. We saw so many come to know Christ that about 1/3 of them were Christians. We could have complained about the worldliness of the students but instead we prayed and we saw many come to Christ. Some of them approached us wanting to know how to become Christians.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

One local non-SBC pastor spoke to the deacons. Some of the church members spoke to them too. Later non-Christians told me what they thought of some of the deacons. I never realized how many people were watching. Some as I talked with them in the community knew a lot about the church.

You are right most pastors did nothing except to let the world talk about that church. The SBC leadership did not do anything except take their missions money. Isn't that much the same as accepting money from a person who makes money by prostitution?

Of course I am sure you know about the BFA too.

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

So basically your complaining about people complaining...:laugh:

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, about christians making noise and doing nothing to help the situation they are hollering about. If they are willing to make noise then they should we willing to solve the problem by getting involved and making a difference. For example a church that I was a member of decided to help the local elementary school by offering to help tutor the students who needed help. It has been a great success. It allows people to make contacts in the school and at the same time help students.

For example some homeschool advocates who make noise about how bad the schols are seldom making an impact on the local schools except to make people angry and draw attention to themselves. There are Christians who are on the inside quietly making an impact and trying their best to reach people for Christ while others on the outside are making the national news with their complaints.
    There are things in some churches today being done that are unethical but when do we hear the noisemakers hit the national news on those things? They will make noise in their their condemnation of schools run by those in the community but not churches? Why? For example a man I was in seminary with told of a situation in an SBC church where he was the youth pastor. He led a young black youth to Christ and invited the young man to church on Sunday. The young man showed up and the youth was not allowed to enter the church building. That is when my friend left that church. Do you really think anyone in the SBC did anything to stand against that church? Ethics in the name of autonomy?