1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristianSingleClick

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bartholomew, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

I agree! The problem is that the advert doesn't help that way of thinking!!! Say, why am I here replying to these messages, anyway? The advert's still there at the top of my screen. I think I'll go and do some work.

Bye for now, [​IMG]

Bartholomew [​IMG]

2. Nomad

Nomad New Member

I have to admit that there can be quite a lot of stress being a single Christian. Not only are there the sexual temptations mentioned previously, but some churches (thankfully not that many) aggravate the problem by treating their single members as misfits and more or less pushing them off to the side. It sometimes seems that being single is seen as a sin, although I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion. Perhaps it's assumed that single believers are too preoccupied with loneliness and are spending too much time looking for dates, instead of serving God. I'm not really sure. (Just as an aside, I notice that there is no singles forum on this site, although almost every other group has one. Not a complaint, just an observation.) Anyway, although I'm not offended by the Christian Single banner ad, I can understand why it might make someone uneasy.

[ October 11, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Nomad ]

3. Roy1

Roy1 New Member

Bartholomew,

All I can say is what advert?

On my screen there are no banners, adverts, no temptation. I do not know why? :confused: But I am glad :D

But in general I do know what you mean. They are annoying and distracting.

Roy.

4. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I think that it'd be a good idea to have a Single's Forum for people who are either single and happy, single and unhappy, or single and whatever they're feeling.