1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas Programs on Public Radio

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While working in the library today I listened to The Big Broadcast, a weekly 4 hour program where radio programs from the 1940's-1950's are broadcast. Being so close to Christmas programs dealing with Christmas were broadcast and can be listened to the rest of this week. I found it very interesting how Christian most of these programs were and even those that did not deal with a Christian topic in their program closed with comments about the importance of prayer and other ideals that are Christian. I seriously doubt that regular commercial radio would air such a program today as they would loose too many advertisers and receive too much protest from various groups.

One program in particular that was first aired in the early 1940's was The Fourth Wiseman. I believe many on the board would like to hear this program.

The link is: http://wamu.org/programs/bb/

enjoy

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I used to love radio prgrams, even though I'm not that old(there weren't any on the radio when I lived in Chicago), when we first came to Ky there was 1 radio program on and my husband and father inlaw listened to it every morning.

3. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tomorrow morning (Christmas Eve), our public station in Nashville will broadcast the Service of Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College in Cambridge, England. It is a live broadcast, and it usually starts at 9:00 CST. They've been doing it for years, and I listen almost every year. It is a great way to spend what is usually my last work day of the year (but not this year). Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy New Year!

Tim Reynolds

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DonnA, you can listen to old time radio every week online at the link I gave above. I especially like the old Gunsmoke programs. It is interesting to me how some damn public radio and public TV with being liberal, and yet they air some of the most Christian programs available ... ones that conservative talk radio would not touch.

#4 Crabtownboy, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
  5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.weta.org/
    WETA is a public radio station in Washington, D.C. They are playing beautiful non-stop Christmas today and tomorrow.

#5 Crabtownboy, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
  6. donnA

donnA Active Member

I noticed the other programs, I think I'll be listening sometimes too, thanks never occured to me these might be in the intenet.