1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas Shopping

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Martin, Nov 18, 2007.

?
  1. I have started and I am done

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. I have started and I am almost done

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. I have not started but will soon

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  4. I don't start until the week before Christmas

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. I don't start until the week of Christmas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't start until Christmas Eve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Christmas shopping? Whats that?

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, here we go...the Christmas season is here. This year, however, is very different for me. How? I have already done 99% of my shopping! Thats right, one more gift and I am done. Yip, yip, yip, yahooooo! This is literally the first time I have started, much less finished, my Christmas shopping before the week of Christmas. I am so proud of my little efficient self.

What about you???

#1 Martin, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2007
  2. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

I have started my shopping . It is a difficult thing for me . I am not a good shopper. I don't like lines and crowds. What little bit of shopping I have to do I will do online.
    One son and granddaughter wants money.
    Husband is the hardest to buy for, at our age we have what we need and he never was one to want much. He always worked so much that he didn't really have a hobby. He gets more joy out of seeing that everyone else is happy . A great guy but difficult to buy him gifts. MK

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

We start in August. I've had the kids main gifts since the first of September. I still need to pick up a few things for other family members, but I pretty much know what I'm getting them. Just waiting on payday and after Thanksgiving sales. :D

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks to my wonderful wife, I have 1 Christmas present to buy - hers! And the right present require lots of thought and doing my absolute favorite (that's is a lie) thing - shopping.

So, in that sense, I've started already. But haven't bought it, so in that sense I haven't started yet. Is that perfectly unclear?:tonofbricks:

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I make a lot of my gifts, so in that sense, I have started. OTOH, the few gifts that I buy, I have not started on yet. I'm usually done by now, but this year I have been busy remodeling.

Most of them will be sent because we are not having Christmas here this year. I guess I'd better get busy!

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

My theory is, if I haven't got them gifts by December 1, they ain't getting anything. Except for my mama.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, isn't that special? :rolleyes:

Spoken sarcastically (and with no ill-will) by the person who has bought no gifts, made no lists, and is in a panic as how to get it all done by tomorrow!!! I don't shop after Thanksgiving and that includes the day before Thanksgiving.

You're making me crazy, Martin!! :eek:

Whew, I've got to get OFF the internet and get to town!!!

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, Christmas has been reduced to very little. The last 3 years, though, what's left of our family has had a little get-together on New Year's Day, as sort of a late Christmas; so I can do what 'shopping' I need to the week after Christmas. That's good in that the crowds are then in the return/exchange lines, but Wal-Mart (or whatever cheap shops) don't have a lot left other than next year's wrapping paper.

3 years ago I did it right, for probably the only time in my life. I went to Yellowstone that summer and bought some gift sets-- huckleberry candies, candles, syrup, bath salts, et al-- and stuffed animals like bears, bisons, and moose, and a couple of books, and used that junk for Christmas presents so it was mostly done before September. Then for what remained, I went to New Orleans for the last time North Texas has been in the New Orleans Bowl-- and the last Christmas before Katrina-- and bought a few gift items just a few days before Christmas. None of them were voodoo stuff or dolls that 'flash' :laugh: .

9. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, we do hate you Martin! :laugh:

As our children are now teens, it gets harder and harder to find the right/appropriate gifts.

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had a dime for every person who has told me that...:laugh:

11. A2J

A2J New Member

Wal-Mart and/or Target gift cards; it's the only way to go.

12. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just have one gift to go and a few stocking stuffers. Everything else is bought and wrapped.