1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christmas

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Dec 10, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Possibly, but your big retail chains are betting otherwise. Most Christians are sufficiently charitable as to overlook it, while many minorities, whose religions are normally ignored, no doubt are grateful not to have the local Home Depot pushing Christianity on them.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's much more likely they are just greasing the squeakiest wheel. Small wheel, loud squeak.

Christians tend to be a little less vocal about PC.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

i'm curious as to what religions of any consequence these would be. The far largest group would be Catholics that want Merry Christmas.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's true, but "Happy Holiday" is inclusive of Christmas while "Merry Christmas" is exclusive of everyone else.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Barbarian observes:
    Possibly, but your big retail chains are betting otherwise. Most Christians are sufficiently charitable as to overlook it, while many minorities, whose religions are normally ignored, no doubt are grateful not to have the local Home Depot pushing Christianity on them.

Catholics are the largest single Christian denomination in the US, but I don't know of any who are offended with a holiday greeting that wasn't specifically Christian. This just proves my point.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Is anyone else feeling like me, this really doesn't feel like Christmas? I don't feel the spirit of Christmas like I usually do.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Yeah, When I feel like Christmas has become a bummer I just remember the Charlie Brown Christmas Special and I find myself being just like Charlie Brown but then along comes Linus and puts it all back into perspective.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Send Linus my way.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

This Christmas, I'm flying with my wife and daughters to Seattle, where my sons live. We will be reunited on Christmas. Yeah, I feel the spirit! Midnight mass, with the old favorite hymns. Christmas day passing out gifts and laughing at the inevitable gag gifts. Christmas dinner with everyone around the table once more.

Couldn't be better. I hope all of you have a blessed and happy Christmas as well.

10. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I found Linus for ya.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5TF4U36GFg
    Somehow someway it does get better.
    Just enjoyed the Christmas Play that our kids did at our Church today.
    May I add my sentiments to what Galation just stated.
    " I hope all of you have a blessed and happy Christmas as well."

#30 Petra-O IX, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Happy Holiday is inclusive for worshiping every demon you want . . .

That is exclusive of the worship of the One True God - Jesus - HE IS THE ONLY REASON FOR THE SEASON.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

satan and his demons have made the grinch more important to the season than the Lord of Creation is to the season.

If you are like me - that hurts.

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I don't think Holy Days are meant to be set aside for demons.
    When you wish someone a Happy Holiday, like it or not, you are recognizing the Holy season of Christmas.

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I don't worship demons.

For us Christians sure, but I live in a world that includes other people who have other reasons to celebrate the season.

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The Christmas season (not any pagan religious celebration that has chosen the same time frame) is the season that makes our economy and indirectly the economy of the whole world work.

Those that do not like Jesus - could fast from thanksgiving to January 10th . . .

And if you do not stand up for Jesus - Isn't that the same as being against Him . . . ?

I live in a world where 6 billion people will die and spend eternity in Hell, because Christians are afraid of speaking the only name that can save the lost and dying of this world.

And now, we have Christians wanting to be so inclusive that we are not supposed to offend the lost by even mentioning the words, "Merry Christmas."

16. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy Holidays is fine by me. Vain repetition of Merry Christmas by corporations means nothing. I know that by and large these corporations care more about the Almighty Dollar than the Almighty God.

I would much rather prefer it if they would cease the faux piety. Unless they truly are committed to the Savior, let them say Happy Holidays.

17. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Christians are not to purpose in their hearts to offend anyone but to rather attract people to Jesus without comprimising Christian principals.
    I don't mind someone wishing me Happy Holidays or saying Merry Christmas, to consider this an offence large enough be condemning of others is what I would consider petty and un-Christian . Actually it presents the perfect oppurtunity to respond when someone says "Happy Holidays" by saying "May God Bess you and have a Merry Christmas" . There is no law in this land that can prevent you from wishing someone a "Merry Christmas" and I have not been kicked out of a single store yet for saying it.

#37 Petra-O IX, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2006
  18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

We are getting dumped with snow!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
    Everywhere you go

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...

That's certainly looking at the bright side.:thumbs:

However, "...and I have not been kicked out of a single store yet for saying it." ...yet.

We may be headed in that direction.:(

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

He can consider me unchristian [sic] if he wants to . . . I worship Jesus and I do not worship (nor do I encourage) the worship of false 'gods.'

Merry Christmas!

:wavey:

:jesus: is coming soon.