1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christos Anesti!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by MikeS, Nov 7, 2003.

1. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Now that I have your attention, Brother Ed [​IMG]

I discovered this beautiful mp3 clip "Christos anesti" (4th from the bottom) and would love to find it on a CD. Any idea where to look? Any stores in the USA that would carry this? The title/group is listed as ”Tebi, Hospodi - Tebe, Pane”, not that I know what that means!

2. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

YUPPER!!!!

Got my attention in a hurry!!

You should HEAR a full Paschal chant on Holy Saturday in person!!

Stunning.

Perhaps you could come over to the forum at www.byzcath.org and ask some of the people over there. I bet they could tell you.

Tebe Hospodi means "To you O Lord" Whenever you see Hospodi in Old Church Slavonic, that is "Lord".

It has been an interesting cultural experience becoming an Eastern Catholic, but very, very enriching. The worship, when done properly, is so reverent and holy. One is just lifted right up to Heaven, which is what worship should do to us!!

You better watch it with that music. Next thing you know you'll be making the Sign of the Cross backwards and lusting after peroghis and kielbossa!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

We call it "finding your inner Hunky" [​IMG]

Oh hey hey hey.....I just thought of something.

Go to www.light-n-life.com and get their catalog. They are an Eastern Orthodox publishing house and they have TONS of eastern worship materials.

3. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Thanks, Brother Ed!

I agree completely, that liturgy joins together heaven and earth, and there should be no mistaking that this is what is happening.

And my wife and I are working in our own little way to bring more of that recognition back into the Roman Rite. A TREASURE OF INESTIMABLE VALUE

I'll check out your links and let you know what I find. Thanks!