1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church and competition

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jan 8, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I live in Orlando Florida and there are a whole bunch of Churches. On this one street called Chickasaw Trail zip code 32825, there are alot of huge Churches. There is this one huge Church that has been there for years and all of a sudden another huge Church was built right across the street Aprox. 50 from the other one. Why is this?? Its sad that Church has been becoming a business, I know of some preachers that wont go preach unless they get some $$gift in return. Sure preachers are supossed to get something but if a church is starting up why not preach for no gift you know.

Also Churches trying to convice people who are in other Churches to come to theirs. I mean God will bring who he wants you dont need to be trying to convice those who are planted in another church to go and leave that church and go to yours. Am I wrong by thinking this???

At my Church sure its been an interesting experice expecially since its just starting up and all however I have been temped and asked by others to go to another Church but I am like.... Why?? Why would you even try??

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, some folks are attracted to "The Next Big Thing."

I'm with you, though. I like where I am, hair, warts and all.