1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church and Socializing

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Dec 22, 2004.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I have a friend who has started coming to church with me. She grew up Presbyterian and doesn't always agree with the Baptist ways. Also, I think she is coming to church simply for social interaction. I have some problems with this. I would love to hear your alls thoughts on this issue. I like to think she's not using the church for a dating/making new friends type service but I'm not real sure. :confused:

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

You never know what more meaningful relationship with the Lord may come of this. If she began coming for social reasons, let her keep coming while encouraging a deeper relationship with God.

3. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Amen
    Pretty close to what I was going to say.
    It is Gods will for her to be in that church regardless of what her motives for going are.
    I am under the assumption that she is being preached the message of the Gospel from the pulpit.

4. graceb2u

graceb2u New Member

I think this is fine. She is around people who can help her along the way. Even if she is doing this for socializing, I agree with USN2Pulpit and archeryaddict. Only good can come of this. Besides I think we are a great bunch of people to get to know. LOL

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

I first met my wife at Church. I can't think of a better place to look for someone.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You shouldn't. If we cannot socialize with each other at church, when where can we? Now, church is not ONLY for socializing, but personally, I think we could benefit from Christians socializing with Christins more often (baptist or otherwise), especially at church.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The fact is that if people do not make friends at a church it is highly unlikely they will stay.

Imagine doing ministry with your enemies?

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Hey Chips!

Why not trust your gut ... It might be the Holy Spirit talking ... ;o)

Wild men know that the best place to pick up women is in the church ... that is why some women go there ... "it is safer than the bars" ...

I think the best bet, would be to get her involved in a personal Bible study ... Sounds like you could put a couple of ladies in the same study ... mmm ... now that could be a place of ministry ...

In Christ,

El Guero ...