1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Can't Beat the Courts [RE: Gay marriage laws]

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the problem is an activist judge,

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:laugh: I see your point.

And the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is loaded with them, as well.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So is having a sin nature, but we don't throw up our hands and say "oh well" while giving into this "defect".

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Agreed on these points. I would extend that argument to a lot of what is going on on the political arena,

And I do agree, @jaigner, with Paul. The Bible teaches that 'evil men and seducers will wax worse and worse as we see the day of His coming draw near.

#24 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  5. billwald

billwald New Member

>>>I don't disagree on the slavery issue, but I need to point out to you that being gay is a choice; being a slave was not.

>>Says who? I say committing any sexual act is a choice. Being gay is a birth defect.

>So is having a sin nature, but we don't throw up our hands and say "oh well" while giving into this "defect".

You are the one who introduced "choice" into a discussion of civil rights. You think that the cause homosexual activity has no biological component. I think it does. You think that because homosexual activity is 100% by choice that people who commit homosexual acts should not have any civil rights.

Please explain what sin nature has to do with this topic. We all have a sin nature, yes? Are you saying that your sin nature also includes a homosexual nature but you choose to suppress it?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is quite simple. Homosexuality is a sin. We have a choice whether to sin or obey regardless if it's "biological". We do not change laws and the institution of marriage (defined as between one man and one woman) to accommodate sin. It has never been proven to be biological, btw. If it were, why do homosexuals leave that lifestyle when they come to Christ?

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Homosexuality is a sin.

The act, not the condition.

>We have a choice whether to sin or obey regardless if it's "biological".

Speeding on the freeway is a sin. If Christians obeyed the speed limit the physics and psychology of freeway travel would cause the majority of traffic to maintain the speed limit or less. Christians intentionally sin when behind the wheel. You choose your sins, active homosexuals choose theirs.

We do not change laws and the institution of marriage (defined as between one man and one woman) to accommodate sin.

I'll agree with the proviso that the tax and benefit laws should then be changed to treat each income earner equally.

>It has never been proven to be biological, btw. If it were, why do homosexuals leave that lifestyle when they come to Christ?

Evidence that there are no regenerate active homosexuals?

If it was not a birth defect then that trait should have disappeared centuries ago.

Is there a biological component to stupidity? Do not some people smarten up when they come to Christ?