1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Chatter

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Brian Stafford, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Brian Stafford

Brian Stafford New Member

Just wanted to announce our new church web page builder and online church management system, Church Chatter. We put this together to fill the need for these resources for smaller churches without large budgets and without technical staff.

[ November 28, 2005, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: rsr ]

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some thoughts, not trying to detract from your service.

A question you might want to deal with is: Why would a church spend 30 per month, for who knows how many years, rather than purchase software that could serve them free after the initial purchase?

Personally I would think this would be much more marketable to the large church that would count 30 a month a drop in the bucket for the convenience.

Looks like it would be very convenient, but the small churches I've been involved with, would probably pass on the basis that three to four hundred now would be preferrable to 30 per month for the forseeable future.

I didn't spend a lot of time on the site, but I didn't run across anything about security of information. I'd suggest stressing that :)

3. Brian Stafford

Brian Stafford New Member

Thanks for your response, and you raise some very valid points.

The reason for the monthly charge charge as opposed to a single purchase price is that this is a server based tool available any time any where. That is not something a "single purchase" software can provide. It requires software, a server, bandwidth, technical maintenance etc, which will cost much more than a few hundred dollars.

It was our experience that smaller or "start up" churches often did a lot of work from home during the early stages and did a lot of moving data from home computers to church computers and back etc. This solution allows them to work within the master server based database no matter where they are.

And you have a very valid point about security information. We need to make our security statements more prevalent.

Thanks again for your comments, and I would be interested to know if what I have explained makes sense and if it has swayed your view at all.

Brian.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brian:

Your post has been edited to remove the link and the thread has been locked because Baptist Board rules prohibit advertising.

"No solicitation or advertising of any kind. Our message boards are for discussions, not to sell goods or services. If you would like to advertise, please contact us for an advertising package."

Thank you for your consideration.