1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Church Conflict: I was called an arrogant Idiot, and to attend a Calvinist Church!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In whose other words, yours??
    If that's what you'd have him do, then you need help.

2. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

This word... it does not mean what you think it means. Someone disagreeing with you, or even calling an idiot, is not persecution. Crawling up on a self made cross and pretending you are nailed to it is not going to make a martyr.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think too much and assume lots! Stating my convictions in open discussion in SS (as our church has a more discussion based format over the traditional lecture format found in most churches) is not jamming my view down anyones throat. In discussion and when asked for prayer I WILL state what I believe and why I believe it. I am in no way jamming my views down anyones throat so don't assume things!

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What books are you reading presently? I asked you this in another thread or post and I don't believe you answered. Do you read theology? Do you judge Calvinism before you actually studied the scriptures? Most do this because they do not want their traditions challenged.

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I answered somewhere else. I have read balanced books with opposing theological views. For me, the issue is settled.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You hit that one square between the eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.