1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church finanicial reports

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Salty, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are there any computer programs out there you could recommend to process the financial report for a church? - We are small - less than 75 members. Any ideal what such a program would cost?

Any info would be of assistance

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, our treasurer uses Quicken. I do not know which version. I believe the cost runs between $55.00 and $70.00.

I am sure there are other good programs available.

#2 Crabtownboy, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to build on quicken. It is a check register book type program on the front but you can schedule monthly bills to enter automatically if you have them on auto pay, you can list all your payments in one place. There is a lot of different reports. You could enter all your normal bills then ask for a report by category and maybe get what you want.

If you don't want to spend the amount for the new version you can usually find an older version on ebay, though I don't think they had an upgrade for windows 7 so be sure the version you get will work with that as someday you will upgrade even if you don't have it now.

You could check into church management software. There is a freebie for small churches though I don't know if it does the finances or not. You could go to ccmag.com (Christian computing magazine) and see if you can search, they have had reveiws of cms stuff over the years and you could get an idea if that would be better for you.

Just checked and the freebie is membership tracking only from a quick skim. http://www.churchtrac.com/

You might googel "GnuCash" which is a free quickenish type program, have not used it in a long time, might work for you also.

ALSO: If you have someone in the church that knows Excel they could drum up a spreadsheet for you. You could use Open Office if the church doesn't have Microsoft Office.

#3 exscentric, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  4. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

We use Quicken Home and Business, I seem to recall it was less than $100. Very easy to use and produces all the reports we need.

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist