1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church is destroying my family

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if there is no church discipline Bill than do you believe that they should be consider True Brides of Christ?

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

What an absolute mess Gina! I ache for you and your precious family and you will continue to be in my prayers.

Wise words from Ruiz. My family comes before the church. I'd love to see reconciliation too and would strive for it - after protecting my children.

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for you, Gina! I agree with those who have said that family comes before the church, but also agree that confronting the gossip should be done, and the truth brought out!

Sometimes people are mean and vindictive, and sometimes they just don't know what the truth is. Mean and vindictive are much harder to deal with, IMHO.

I was once threatened with being turned over to child services because my son missed 54 days of school in a year. A meeting with the principal, our doctor, and submitting my son's medical record changed it quickly!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yes, we are planning to meet with him.

I don't know why, but it really surprised me that DHS even came out over that. I didn't have a lot of time to talk to the social worker, so we're supposed to set up a time to do that and then I'll find out more. Of course the standard reply was given that "we are required to investigate every single call."

Leaving...I'm not big on just leaving somewhere I made a commitment to, but it is a major thought. I've already been going elsewhere to get "fed" on a different day, which has been a real blessing, although we rarely get to go. After all this started, I looked at attending this crazy one as more of a mission type thing where I could do some stuff and serve, because although the preacher is awesome, it's really hard to soak it in when one feels negativity around them.

On the other hand, there's been enough crud to make me wonder if it's destroying my testimony in the community to be a member and if that's okay with God. However, this stuff happens to people in a number of churches, and I don't think it's right to not go at all. Tempting at this point, but not right.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out after I have further discussion with the social worker and with the pastor.

What really gets me is that if the caller and DHS understood mental illness, they'd know that what they did was very harmful to the one child especially, who has meltdowns and nightmares when schedules get disrupted, especially by things that seem threatening. This may end up meaning heightened therapy for a while which means missing more of school and more disruptions or depending on how things are going, could mean making a trip to the hospital, which turned into a long stay the last time a meltdown was triggered.

Trying not to be really angry that my two oldest contribute a LOT to the church and tempted to take that away from the church. With all the time and effort it takes to raise the kids that have the mental health issues, it takes away from my time with the other ones, so if they're not so busy working for the same place that started this hurtful gossip, I might have more time with them.

But I have to try to stay nice. I wish that wasn't in the Bible. I'd rather be mean. Unlike politics though, there are no loopholes to that rule. Maybe I'll just go kick a rock around for a while. And no, not the one that's the cornerstone of the church's fancy new building. (although I *do* live really close and could just run back home after :eek: )

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Good thing our national budget isn't in crisis or anything, what with all us crazy parents out there doing things like keeping them out of school when sick, and interacting with healthy older teenagers different than we interact with mentally ill 10 year olds. We should all collectively drop onto our fainting couches over the lack of good parenting going on.
    Right now, I think my neighbor is serving her kids toast, and one has more jam on his than the other kid. Anyone have the number for child abuse hotline?!

6. billwald

billwald New Member

>A survey in the 80s, by the Barna Group, showed that less than 2% of the folks on the role are saved.

How would a pole taker determine that????????

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I know!!! And other kids in his class were coming to school with unwashed clothes and hadn't had a bath or brushed their teeth in I don't know how long. They didn't have any kind of parental support because the parents were on drugs, and had some serious issues. So picking on people who are taking care of their kids is just appalling. I still can't believe it, and it was several years ago...:BangHead:

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agree absolutely. Protection of one's family is more important than loyalty to one's local church.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

Maybe time to change congregations.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

THAT interview was about ridiculous! The guy said he's closing the case as stupid and did everything so thorough so they could explain that false reports are illegal the next time a call goes in and not have to come out. Seems this person is just being obviously spiteful and didn't have enough info to be credible, but his boss said he had to come out.

I don't know if I believe that, but whatever.

It *sounds* like he's closing it as a false report, but it's not like I trust DHS.

He asked totally ridiculous questions. Even wanted my medical history and everyone else's and lists of medications everyone in the home takes. YEAH RIGHT! Didn't happen.

He even said "someone told me you take thyroid medication."

Ooookaaay then! I had no idea people were watching me so close. If they'd gotten a little closer, they'd know that I don't. HA! I do have a medication I take at church, (I'd say what it is but someone might call again) simply because we happen to be in church when that time comes.

Why on earth would someone want to start a rumor that someone takes thyroid meds? How dumb is that? At least say I smoke crack or snort cocaine or shoot meth or whatever it is they do with that stuff! That's the best they could come up with?!

So those are the accusations - while I'm in church, I treat the kids I'm not anywhere near in church different than I treat the ones I am near and I take thyroid medication.

Wowzers.

At least I know my taxes are going to a good cause. This guy spent hours taking my kids out of classes one at a time at different schools and interviewing them, then a couple more hours in my home trying to figure out if I take thyroid pills, what we do for fun as a family, and even looking at where we all go to pee and do our other business.

I wonder how much that cost the government?

PS: At least I'm not the most evil person living here, check out what THIS despicable woman did! http://www.koco.com/news/29837888/detail.html?source=okl