1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Ladies Declare War on Meter Maids

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8992616.Uproar_at_church_parking_tickets/

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have absolutely no sympathy for Miss Murray!!!

Here in Syracuse, there are several large Catholic churches and at each one people park illegally - in fact I have seen them double and triple park.

This poses an extremely unsafe condition for driving. For example, a bus or fire truck may not be able to make a turn or a driver may have trouble seeing the intersection.

Let me get this straight - folks go into church to be right with God - but they are parking illegally - hmmm.
    I say pay the parking ticket.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I have just been to the website of the church in question. On its "How to Find us" page, there is a street plan, showing that there is a car park (I think that would be "parking lot" to Americans) immediately to the rear of the church building.

The directions say (emphasis mine):
    Northgate URC is to be found approx ½ mile north of the main shopping area of the town. The church, with its big blue doors (and illuminated spire at night) is easy to
    find but parking
    less obvious.

The main entrance (marked) is on Northgate, which is, in the area of the church, filled with fast food shops and the only cinema in the town. There is little parking space at this side of the church. The rear entrance is in an unmarked road leading to a public car park, which is CCTV monitored and free on Sundays and after 6:00 p.m. The Saturday charge is currently £1/hour with a ‘3 for the price of 2’ option.​

Dropping off of equipment is normally possible - best at the rear entrance – park directly outside the door. The front of the church is on a bus lane and the roadside opposite is no parking. Please do not park on the rear courtyard of the Bedding Centre – it looks to be closed when you arrive for Sunday morning service, but opens before the end of service!​

The best place to park when coming to a service is the monitored car park referred to above. There is no need to walk all the way round (and up) to the front of the church to enter: you can come in the back door (ring the bell) and you will be directed up to the vestibule via stairs or lift so that you can then enter the sanctuary by the normal route.
    So it seems to me that the double yellow lines prohibiting parking at the front of the church building are not part of some anti-Christian plot.