1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church management / record keeping software

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Pastor Larry, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Does anyone know of any such software that is html based?? I want this software to be cross platform particularly with linux and windows.

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I am not sure 'pure' HTML will give you what you want.

Check out Perl and mySQL there are versions of each for both Windows and Linux.

Perl would provide the scripting environment. An 'SQL' base system would provide data base capability.

It could be tied together with and HTML page for entry and display.

But, you have to have someething 'behind' the HTML the accept the data and do something with it.

PHP is another language that exists in both Windows and Linux.

There are Freeware and 'Open Source' Packages available.

Try:
    http://www.praize.com/engine/Software/Church_Management/more2.html

http://www.oneits.com/church_software.htm

http://www.plainblack.com/webgui

Here's One Churches Story:
    http://www.cmsinfo.org/article.php3?story_id=233

http://www.arhswebsearch.com/related/church+management+software

Hope this helps?

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can someone tell me if there is a Church Management Software Package that focuses on Prospects as well as Members?

I'm also looking for a package that is compatible with MS Access.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. It must be capable of containing at least 10,000 records.

4. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Anyone using ACT! for Church applications like visitation - prospect file?

www.act.com

5. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I use act personally for all of my personal records but the pastor insists on CPMS which is put out or used by the NAMB.

CPMS allows you to print lists of many segments of your congregation.

It uses filemaker format so I do not believe it would easily transfer into access. You would have to export in a comma deliniated list and import into access from that list. Perhaps you could create a vbasic script that could automate that process.

6. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Hey Hardsheller, how does Best Softwares Act! product work?

7. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Like Tony the Tiger says: GRRRRRRRR-------EAT!

Seriously it's working good for our Outreach Ministry. We have two dynamic Sales Oriented men who are leading our two visitation teams and they love it.

They like the reports that show the history of all interaction with the contacts.

Understand this - ACT! 6.0 is not a Church Management System it is a Contact Manager System and that's what we think outreach is all about.

Oh yea we're doing other stuff with it as well like building a database of all the Postal Delivery Addresses within our City. Then when we discover who lives at a given address we add the name to the address already in the data base and move that person if they're a prospect for our church to what we call our hot list of leads.

We've just touched the surface in using this software but we're liking very much what we find.

8. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

An update on Act! 6.0 for 2004.

We've been using this program for Outreach for two months now and are loving it. Just obtained our second licensed copy and have experimented with the email sync capability.

What this means is that every visitation team in our church in the future will be able to sync via email with our master database and get the latest Outreach information on prospects on their own computer.

It's pricey but we think worth the money.

We saw four people saved in the last two weeks and have two more who have already made professions of faith.