1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Scratched off the List

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TheGriff, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EWF,
    There you go he said they had killer worship......you can search for new sign gifts...or not....they are not big into doctrine....but it rocks:applause::thumbs::BangHead: forget the dusty old confessions of faith, and that doctrine stuff...it is so dry and dusty....go liquid:thumbs:

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There you go.....it has it all...you can make rhyming noises , bark like dogs move in the spirit...make up your own form of worship....just like Cain did:thumbs:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pathetic isnt it.....now you have Jim on this board who remembers actually going to a meeting where the Eminent Welsh Preacher Martyn Lloyd-Jones spoke the "WORD"....how fantastic is that! And now the best they have to offer is Killer Music & a guy who looks like Jimmie Neutron!?!

What has happened to our churches? Well here is my mission field.

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm so refreshed knowing I'm not the only one into who would rather a couple or few staid hymns that actually teach theology, a quiet prayer, and then give me a good dose of the Word.

Of course, not every local preacher is absolutely breathtakingly spellbindingly astute, so 20-30 minutes is a good goal unless you are a Spurgeon. (Don't take your own word for it. Ask others.)

But I am sick to death of "worship leaders" who act like they are on meth.

Please just give me an old fashioned song leader and get to the preaching!